cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Slate 8 in Competition for Man�s Best Friend - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Slate 8 in Competition for Man’s Best Friend - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, this week I’m providing a brief warning for pet owners, there is a new sheriff in town and the Slate 8 tablet from Sprint, might just be the one laying down the law.  Meet Brie. Brie is the newest part of our family and cute as a button… but don’t let that cuteness fool you (she’s a handful). Unlike everyone else I’ve introduced to the new Slate 8 tablet, Brie is not a fan.  Besides the fact that the Slate 8 takes away vital attention that I should be giving her, it also gives me a large window to review Brie’s every move throughout the day. Poor Brie can’t get away with anything (and there’s no question which dog is unleashing certain chaos).

By using my existing Dropcam(Nestcam) IP Camera setup, the Slate’s 8” screen gives me a nice clear screen to look in on things.  Although my phone may hide detail sometimes, having a large 8” screen really makes the “floor detail” stand out.  It also gives me peace of mind wherever I am, thanks to Sprint’s strong cellular connectivity.

A good example where “peace of mind” quickly turned into “need for action” happened last Friday (when I had just left for the day).  Somehow poor Brie cornered herself (almost trapping herself in) by dragging her little house off one side of the room to an opposing corner of the room.  Now she 7 Lbs. and certainly has some drag strength (taking her bedding by the jaws, and pulling things over).  Obviously she didn’t consider how her push wasn’t quite as strong as her pull strength is. Regardless of the thought process, the Slate 8 certainly helped me recognize her predicament and head back home before there was any serious distress.   

Oh Brie, it’s almost like you did that on purpose. No bother though, having the Slate 8 in hand and a comfy couch to retreat to, gives me all the tools needed to shop for additional dog-proofing measures (even if that very dog is curled up unsuspectedly sleeping next to me).  Hmmmm, before guilt sets in… maybe Amazon also stocks dog treats I can order too?

Bri.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.