cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

Sprint Social Care

Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

Hello @Em_Will_I_Am, we have this customer having issues with a Samsung Galaxy S10. There are two S10's on the account and only one is having issues. Customer has gone to the store, done all troubleshooting steps, replaced the device two times. At this point, the customer thinks there is something wrong with the line. 

 

Conversation #4239646

PTN: 734-730-9181 (the problem line)

 

Are we able to check this line out and find out what's going on? 


Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

I show the majority of his failed calls are blocking at the site near his home location.  I don't see the phone dropping or blocking outside of that site.  They currently do have Wifi Calling on that line.  We would need for them to disable that and then a ticket can be created.

 


@Sprint_Jeffrey wrote:

Hello @Em_Will_I_Am, we have this customer having issues with a Samsung Galaxy S10. There are two S10's on the account and only one is having issues. Customer has gone to the store, done all troubleshooting steps, replaced the device two times. At this point, the customer thinks there is something wrong with the line. 

 

Conversation #4239646

PTN: 734-730-9181 (the problem line)

 

Are we able to check this line out and find out what's going on? 


 

Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

Will let the customer know. What type of ticket (problem type and subtype) should we create?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

A dropped call ticket, but I would have him disable Wifi Calling first, try it out for a couple of days to see if the issue still persists.

 


@Sprint_Jeffrey wrote:
Will let the customer know. What type of ticket (problem type and subtype) should we create?

 

Sprint Social Care

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

 

Mario,

Customer was advised to remove WiFi calling for a few days and that he should reach out with an update. Here is an update on the customers previously posted issue:

 

"We were having pretty good success on 734-730-9181 until yesterday.  The past week was noticeably better and then last night we have had 5-6 drops out of 10. Can you provide an explanation of what was done, and why the problem would be back after a week?"

 
Please review Conversation: #4437644

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 constantly dropping calls

OK, I show he had problems on Friday, but it has been 100% since then...

Em_Will_I_Am_0-1575913005153.png

 

And looks like he the only site he is having issue at is at DE03XC244:

 

Em_Will_I_Am_1-1575913089735.png

 

Depending on where he is while connected to that tower, he may have problems.  There are patches of "Fair" coverage on I-275 and also on Willow Road, which is home is just North of Willow Road.  Also, the tower is North of his home address and he has a wall of trees that would degrade the signal of the site:

Em_Will_I_Am_2-1575913562121.png

 

Em_Will_I_Am_3-1575913614908.png

 

When you look at last month's data, he only has problems just on that site.  Looking at his top 5 towers used, only problems on his home site:

 

Em_Will_I_Am_4-1575913802538.png

 

He may want to get an Airave assuming he has high-speed internet at home.

 


@Sprint_Juan wrote:

 

Mario,

Customer was advised to remove WiFi calling for a few days and that he should reach out with an update. Here is an update on the customers previously posted issue:

 

"We were having pretty good success on 734-730-9181 until yesterday.  The past week was noticeably better and then last night we have had 5-6 drops out of 10. Can you provide an explanation of what was done, and why the problem would be back after a week?"

 
Please review Conversation: #4437644

 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat