cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 personal hotspot

Journeyman

Galaxy S4 personal hotspot

I am looking into renewing my contract and upgrading to a Galaxy S4.  I want to know if it can be used as a personal WiFi hotspot to connect my laptop to the internet and make phone calls at the same time.

Tags (2)
11 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S4 personal hotspot

Only if you have it on your plan$

Journeyman

Please dont do it..leave..

Master

AapaJohn,

Thank you for posting and for reaching out to us with your question. With the older Samsung Galaxy S4 you would be able to surf the web and make calls while on 4GLTE. You would not be able to do this with the new Tri-band version of the device. Have you already purchased your Samsung Galaxy S4? Please let us know, we are here to help.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

yosiel4,

Thank you for the post, you are correct that you would need to add the hotspot feature and have it active on your line to use it. If you need assistance with anything or have any other questions please let us know. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Jmc793,

Thank you for the post, however I am concerned to see that you feel this way. What has you feeling this way? Please let us know, we are here to help.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

AapaJohn-

Hello! I'm very sorry that you haven't received a reply sooner! The Samsung Galaxy S4 does have the capability of being used as a personal hotspot device. If you select our "My All In" rate plan, you would receive Unlimited Talk/Text, Unlimited Data and 5GB of Personal Hotspot Data. This plan is proced at $110.00, per month.

Please feel free and let me know should you have any further questions or concerns!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

No Sprint SPARK enabled devices can do data while on a voice call. So, if you want to do voice and data, don't get any SPARK device, which includes the Galaxy S4.

Journeyman

But the Galaxy, like ANY Spark device, can't do voice and data at the same time, which is what the OP said they want to do. SO, it is NOT a good option for them, and you should not have recommended it.

Sprint should not call this a "4G" or "LTE" device, since voice and data at the same time is the most basic functional difference between 3G and 4G/LTE.

Master

SecureGuys,

I understand how it can be frustrating seeing devices without the capability of simultaneously use voice and data services and feel this is not a true 4G LTE phone.  To clarify this functionality is never based on the network but based the device capability.  The manufacturers have not included this feature so far on current devices due to saving space and battery life on the devices to keep the slim look and feel.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.