cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stolen Tablet-Clarifications and Concerns.

Journeyman

Stolen Tablet-Clarifications and Concerns.

I had and original Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 on the Sprint Network that was stolen last week. I reacted before knowing what to do, contacted Sprint and had the radio turned off, changed all my passwords and now and stuck. After a bunch of research I realized I did everything wrong. But what I'm wondering is why with the phone number and the table GPS radio and the HEX # can't Sprint locate the tablet?

Ideas?

8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Stolen Tablet-Clarifications and Concerns.

Its on a business account right? If so, I would unsuspend the line so it works and can get a data connection if turned on. You prob can't install any android tracking apps remotely since you probably changed your Google password and that new password hasn't been revalidated (entered) on the device by you. So you could add on a feature to that tablet line like Sprint Workforce Locator. Or Actsoft Comet EZ. These are $10/month features. They don't have a contract. And they should pro-rate the charges just like any other add on feature. So basically it will cost you 33 cents per day you keep that feature add-on active on that tablet line.

If you are on consumer account then using the free 15 day trial of Family Locator is one option. That's only a consumer feature, not business.

Journeyman

Thanks that's a great suggestion...

Wizard

Report back if any luck.

Journeyman

working on it right now....

Journeyman

So apparently this won't work either...

Journeyman

And Family locator isn't an option for business....

Wizard

Right, that's what I meant about family locator only for consumer. The others are an option though.

Journeyman

They might not be...On further look through the website, Workforce locator isn't available on the drop down menu for tablets. It is for my phone though.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.