cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for insurance

Journeyman

Charged for insurance

I bought my son his first phone about 4 months ago. Like an idiot I trusted the people I was doing business with and told them I didn’t want insurance on a crappy 100.00 phone and never looked into and paid my bill every month. After sprint charged me two extra month of my lease for upgrading early (after I received a message that I was eligible to upgrade now) I decided to look further into my bill and notice that they are charging me 9.00 every month for insurance on my sons phone. I  have now paid for half the phone in insurance that I didn’t want. Check your bills people! Who knows what other charges I may have missed over the last two horrible years with sprint. 

12 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Charged for insurance

I see we're talking to you about something else as well. My team mate Krow32_Sprint is happy to help with this as well. 

Journeyman

SAME! They asked me if I wanted it when I was calling about something completely unrelated and I said NO, but they did it anyway as I found out later. I got on the phone to tell them my bill had increased 21.97 from one month to the next and they were like "we don't see that on our end" and "we show that the service was cancelled so there isn't anything to do on our end" and "wait 2 business days for it to show that you aren't being charged for that anymore." No verbal confirmation of getting a refund for that 21.97. Not helpful.
Journeyman

They reimbursed me 9.00 for the current month but would not reimburse me for the previous 5 months that I was being charged for the insurance that I did not ask for. Now, on top of that, I just returned a device that should give me 185.00 back and have not seen a penny of that yet and they keep telling me my refund should show on my statement in 1-2 billing cycles. Why so long! And why not back on the card I used for payment. Sketchy company! 

@anniemccall, so you were never told what caused this increase? I'd like to look into it. Please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN or security answer.

@Trickcom, unfortunately, Asurion makes the decision on how much is refunded for the coverage. On the subject of the returned phone, did you ship it back or did you leave it at the store? If it was shipped back, you'll see the credit as soon as it's checked in. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I returned an iPad Pro to the store on November 5th I believe. I was told they couldn’t credit my credit card directly so all they could offer me was a credit to my sprint account. 

Was the iPad purchased at full price? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I was charged 183.00 and was going to do monthly payments. I returned it in store and have a receipt for a refund for the 183 but haven’t received the credit to my account. I was confused why that money couldn’t have just been Put back on my card instead of having to go through all of this. 

Was the return during the 14 day satisfaction guarantee?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Yes! I really hope they wouldn’t have taken my device and charged me a restocking fee if it wasn’t in the 14 days. I have a receipt for a refund to be credited to my account but don’t understand why I haven’t received the credit or why the refund couldn’t have just gone back on to my card that I used for the purchase. 

I'm not sure why it goes to the account and not the card. I reviewed the refund terms on sprint.com. It shows what happens if payment was made in cash or a check. Then it says when it was put on an account, the refund will go to that account. It doesn't mention the card payment. There are also amendments if the store was a 3rd party store. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

It wasn’t a 3rd party store but I had an issue with them charging me 75.00 for a restocking fee so I was out that money as well. Just would like an answer to why I have no iPad and and out almost 300.00. Seems kind of insane 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Toal Equipment Protection Insurance?
Check out these articles:
Top 5 Reasons to have TEP on your Device
TEP Insurance Support Articles
TEP Insurance FAQs