cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Issues with Asurion and Sprint. Last Chance Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Major Issues with Asurion and Sprint. Last Chance Sprint.

Hoping someone from both Sprint AND Asurion can read this and chime in. I've finally had enough after making multiple trips to the Sprint Store/Tech Repair, and have spent hours trying to call, then get transferred, or use the chat box and get transferred around with no solution in sight.

TL:DR - If Sprint and Asurion cannot make this right. you will lose a customer (and hopefully many more that read this)

Here are our issues. 2 lines. good standing with Sprint, never had any issues until our devices broke. Here is where the ***storm starts. We go in to the Sprint store which is also the repair center and get my S20 Ultra with a cracked screen looked at. The first Asuiron associate says they cannot get parts and to check back in a month or so. This was all pre "pandemic", when the s20 first came out.

So once stores started opening back up. the S10 (my other line) developed the famous lost connection issue. So i use this opportunity to take both devices in for repair. the S10 started out as a no brainer to them. "we will just change the settings and it will connect again". We still cannot get a screen for the S20 ultra though, sorry. I ask if there are any other options and why i would be paying insurance on a phone that i cannot get fixed. They says oh we can't replace your device because of a cracked screen, but we cannot fix it either. WHAT?!

So we get home and the s10 drops connection AGAIN (this is our 2nd S10 with the same issue). I have my wife return to the store with her S10 because at this point i'm sick of dealing with incompetent associates. The lady working says "oh the first guy didnt have the settings correct, i will fix it now". instantly, here attempt is shown to have not worked. She sighed and said we have to hook it up to test it further. oh im sorry you have to freaking work! it failed whatever connection test she performed and said she would have to order a replacement. I also had my wife complain to the manager there and got him to order a replacement screen for the S20 Ultra. guess it wasn't that hard after all. his excuse was "only some of us have the training for the S20 Ultras". How is that my problem and why were the previous associates blaming it on inventory!?

So the associate says the replacement S10 will be here in a couple days. come back Thursday, i will be here to help you out. We return Thursday and she is not working that day. the manager says he doesn't even show the replacement phone in his system but later retracted and said he "just couldn't see another associates orders". what kind of system do you amateurs run over there??? and the screen should be here in 3-5 days. Great. We are getting somewhere! NOT!

We return after 7 days of not hearing from anyone and they say oh yea the phone is here. still no screen though. lets transfer the phone over and take care of one issue at least. an hour later and she says the refurbished phone was sim locked and they could not activate it. she said give it a few days and it will activate on its own. and we can check back in with her the next week to make sure everything is good and by then the screen should be in. We call in the next week and was told by the sprint sales associate that tech repair next door is closed for the next 2 weeks. hey, thanks for the update guys!! He says some of the staff has transferred to another store. so we got sent home with 2 dead devices that cannot be activated and a brand new cracked S20 Ultra that they can do nothing about.

We call that store and speak TO THE SAME GIRL and she says unfortunately she cannot help us because our info is over at the closed location. At this point I have given up on Asurion and spent another few hours chasing down Sprint Customer Service for this issue. It was escalated 3 times in chat and ultimately showed no results. They say sorry we cant activate your device because it is locked. Sprint Chat advised me to install the sim card into the refurbished device and they will activate it remotely. does not work. phone is still locked. Sprint says sorry this is an Asurion issue and unless you want to pay the balance on the devices and upgrade and yadayadayada. i just closed the chat window.

Dear Sprint and Asurion,

I am left with 3 broken devices in total and am tired of getting spun in circles dealing with this. You have 2 weeks to make this right or i will be repairing the devices and moving to another carrier. If Asurion, after 2 weeks opens back up and refuses to repair our devices. I am moving carriers and returning your broken devices to the store and you guys can figure it out between the both of you. I will not be paying any kind of fees for this. Please do not instruct me to contact customer care. If someone high enough to actually make some change wants to reply to this, i will listen.

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

I understand that, however in order for me to explore what can be done I would need to access your account. I can send you a PM so that we can see what is possible going forward.  

Highlighted

Private message sent. I look forward to hearing what you can do for me.

Highlighted

Okay, so based on the fact that the Repair Centers wont work and Asurion cannot repair the device.  You would have 2 options.

1. You can contact the nearest Samsung Store at your location, they'd have access to the screens on site and repair the device at the store. 

2. You can organize the option to File for the device to be replaced instead of changing the screen. You can do this by visiting www.phoneclaim.com and filling out the information necessary. 

Highlighted

So like I said, and will continue to say. There's nothing you can do for me.

Why am I paying for insurance on a device that I cannot get repaired or replaced?

So I can go to Samsung or file a claim with some website thats not even affiliated with Sprint and get my phone repaired? And then do I send the bill to Sprint, or Asurion?

Highlighted

Stefan, your reply is unacceptable.

It should not be my problem that YOUR repair centers don't want to work and repair a screen. If they cannot repair the screen, they need to replace the phone.

THATS WHY WE HAVE INSURANCE!

Do you have no supervisors over you?? Clearly someone is your boss. I would like to be put into contact with them please.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Toal Equipment Protection Insurance?
Check out these articles:
Top 5 Reasons to have TEP on your Device
TEP Insurance Support Articles
TEP Insurance FAQs