Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Manufacturer Warranty vs Total Equipment Replacement

Go to solution
Journeyman

Manufacturer Warranty vs Total Equipment Replacement

Hii πŸ™‹πŸ™‹

I was wondering if someone can confirm if there is a difference between the Manufacturer Warranty and the Total Equipment Replacement? My device is a few months old and I assumed brand new devices automatically came with a warranty on it (up to a year). However, when I inquired about the length of this warranty and the expiration date via chat with Sprint Rep "international", I was told that it was combined. And since this service was not purchased as part of my plan, there is no warranty. 

From my past experience, I vaguely recall utilizing both options, where sprint techs would fix it on the spot, free of charge because it was covered under the warranty or gave me a brand new one due to faulty deviceπŸ€” AND, I have also opted to pay out of pocket for a handful of deductibles to get replacements too 😁 but I am not 100% sure of specifics or am I getting confused with another plan/service? lol

Does anyone have insight?

Thank youπŸŒΊπŸƒ

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Manufacturer Warranty vs Total Equipment Replacement

I know it's super confusing. Most devices carry a 1 year warranty. Total Equipment Protection offers a lot of extras, besides the coverage. Check it out here: https://protection.sprint.com/tep/en/overview.html. I'm here if you need more help. πŸ˜„

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Re: Manufacturer Warranty vs Total Equipment Replacement

Thank you ur quick reply and help. ur awesomeπŸŒΊπŸƒπŸŒΊπŸƒ
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Toal Equipment Protection Insurance?
Check out these articles:
Top 5 Reasons to have TEP on your Device
TEP Insurance Support Articles
TEP Insurance FAQs