cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Complete = Total Scam

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Complete = Total Scam

I was just reviewing my bill and found out I'm being charged for Sprint Complete. Looking back I discovered that the sales associate who sold me my last phone signed me up for it without telling me, even after I told her I did not want it. Sprint, your sales associates are garbage and will do anything to get a commission. I have now canceled but I am so angry that I have been paying for this trash service. Sprint, retrain your sales reps to stop this behavior!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

I started to help my 83 year-old dad with his mobile phone bill.  I was shocked when I looked at the bill and found out they were paying for two Sprint drive devices and an ipad.  To my knowledge, he didn't have a new ipad.  Apparently the ipad had been in a box under his bed that his new phone came in (months ago).  He also said he had the two drive devices on his desk in his office, but he did not know what they were.  (FYI - my parents only have one car.)  I asked if he had ordered any of those devices and he said "no."  My parents are elderly and my dad is hard of hearing.  This is clearly a case of elder abuse.  One of the transactions that led to the devices being sent to my parents was in the Sprint store on Howe Avenue in Sacramento.  The other was over the phone.  My parents have been paying for the devices and the service for months.  Since the payment was on automatic through their credit card, my dad just assumed the cost of their mobile phone service had gone up.  I consider this fraudulent sales tactics  as well as elder abuse.  The whole thing started when I asked my parents about how the insurance worked when the lost their phones within months of each other.  They didn't know - so when I looked at their bill I saw they were charged for new phones - after months of paying for insurance.  When I called Sprint to ask why the insurance didn't cover their new phones I was told "their contract doesn't say anything about them paying for insurance."  When I asked the Sprint representative where in the contract it would say something about them paying for insurance I was told, after a minute of silence - that the contract does not specify whether or not someone has insurance!  That made me completely suspicious of the entire contract so when I looked into it I was shocked!  Total scam all the way around.  

Highlighted

This is definitely suspicious, I'm speechless because this is really strange. I assure that we're going to do everything we can to get to the bottom of this. I'll send me a private message shortly. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Waiting to hear from Sprint (above) but for some reason, since I posted this - my login name has changed and I had trouble logging on again.  I wonder why...

Highlighted

As mentioned in your Private Chat we will call you shortly. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Thank you for taking my call, I would look into the account now and let you know what is taking place. I will also send additional information to our Tech Department letting them know that even after the Magic Box and Pebble the services has not improved. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Okay, so I have gone through the account and I was able to see all the contracts for the Sprint Drives and the iPad have signatures on them. I will be able to send them to you if you'd like. However, I am seeing no usage on all three of the devices, which would support what you are saying in regards to not being aware of the devices on the account. From here I would like to get you over to our Account Services Department. I will speak to an agent and inform them of your issues on that end. I'd then have you transferred to them. They would have the resources to close the contracts and position a solution as the devices were not used. Can you provide me with a time that you can take my call to have you transferred? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Toal Equipment Protection Insurance?
Check out these articles:
Top 5 Reasons to have TEP on your Device
TEP Insurance Support Articles
TEP Insurance FAQs