cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five Reasons Why: You Should be Upgrading Yearly

Community Manager

Dedicated smartphone users know that yearly upgrades are the best way to ensure that they have the best phone at all times. But what about Sprint customers who have the chance to upgrade yearly and aren't using it? If you're on a yearly upgrade program like the Sprint exclusive iPhone Forever and you're not doing so, you may be missing out.iPhone7_2UP_Gld.jpg

Manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, and LG pack A LOT into each generation of their devices, more than you probably realize. For comparison sake, I've prepared my list of the top 5 advantages an Apple user got by upgrading from the Phone 6s to the iPhone 7:

1. Hardware Upgrades: Faster processors make your entire mobile experience better and can't be downloaded as part of a Software Update. The older your device gets, the more it lags on the network, the more it holds you back.  The A10 chipset on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus keep you moving, both on the Sprint network and off.
  2. Audio Improvements: the iPhone 7 brings now brings you rich stereo from both the device speakers and redesigned EarPods.  Speaking of EarPods, take a moment to mourn the loss of the headphone jack.  Ok, do you feel better? Good! Because in giving it up, you got: water resistance which brings me to our next point.
  3. Improved Water, Dust and Damage Resistance: Manufacturers continually work to ramp up the durability of their products as well as their performance. Ever dropped your phone in the pool? That's our story and we're sticking with it, right? Smiley Wink All kidding aside, this is the first generation Apple can tout as a water resistant device. You may have given up a headphone jack but you gained some peace of mind the next time your phone is in a perilous place like, say, a bathroom. 
  4. Camera Functionality and Quality: photography tech is just as -- if not more -- dynamic than the mobile device business as a whole. Just one generation can make a huge difference in camera quality, image clarity, and technology. It's not just about the megapixels either, the camera Apple installed in the iPhone 7 brought users Wide Color Capture, Optical Zoom, and a six element lens.
  5. New Stuff: My final point is probably the easiest.  Who doesn't love new stuff?  If you have the option of upgrading yearly, you're pretty much guaranteed to have the best a manufacturer has to offer in the palm of your hand. If you signed up for iPhone Forever last spring, you're coming up on your next upgrade period.  Have you seen the new iPhone 7(PRODUCT) RED Special edition? Woooo, that's a beautiful device and it could be yours.

I know I've quoted specs we've already seen but I did so with a purpose. If this is the kind of improvements that Apple brought its customers upgrading from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 7, you know the next generation will add even more to your life.

Did I convince you? COOL! Whether you know you have an upgrade or you aren't sure, take a look at these handy dandy links and please, hit me up in the Comments section with any questions you may have.

Check your eligibility or read through our Upgrade FAQ

Questions about iPhone Forever? See our FAQ

Questions about Installment Billing? Get answers from our FAQ here

• 5 reasons why
  • how do I
  • How To
  • know about Sprint
  • what you want to know
About the Author
  • Sprint employee for 16+ years, Sprint community manager & advocate for 10+ years. Online gamer, terrible blogger and owner at "SociAlleyAcceptable". Social Strategy is my passion.
  • SeaWolf makes port here on Sprint's Community after running a somewhat popular blog, a mildly successful Twitter account and serving as the most-hated fandom Message Board Manager EVAR. Current Phone: LG V20 Areas of Expertise: Care topics and corny jokes