cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Five: Summer Thrills that Won't Break the Bank

Community Manager

Summer's here and I know you're looking to stretch your dollars to the limit.  I use every means at my disposal to save cash.  Groupon?  You bet!  Amazon is my buddy and you just can't beat the word of a friend. And just because I got it on the cheap doesn't mean I'm willing to give up quality.

Looking for a great phone with a low down payment and affordable monthly payment?  How about a deal that will help you make the most of those hot summer nights? I've put together five goodies for summer that are easy on your wallet but pack a lot of value. 

848709043139_F.jpgSamsung J7 Perx

Security and great value combined: the Samsung J7 Perx comes with a 5.5" screen, Knox platform security and a removable 3300MAh battery.  The Perx also comes loaded with features you might expect to find in a much more expensive device.  You won't be sacrificing service either, the J7 Perx comes with HPUE and CallingPLUS enabled. Pick up this great device for around  $11/month on installment billing.

LG Stylo 3

Another great phone with CallingPLUS enabled, and a gorgeous 5.7" screen, the LG Stylo 3 also has a really great 13 MP front facing camera. I know what you're thinking because I'm thinking it too!  Vacay videos, baby!  The LG Stylo 3 comes equipped with LG's latest version of the stylus pen and a couple of really great dedicated apps.  This stylus isn't just a gimmick, LG's really put some thought into this feature.  For more info, check out GeekGeoff's thoughts on his Stylo 3 Stylus pen blog.  At around $10 a month, you can have this in your bag and still have money in the bank.

Alcatel Go Flip_MFV2.jpg

Alcatel Go Flip

Whether you're nostalgic for your first flip phone, you love an Old School look and feel, or you love a good deal, you can't go wrong with this great phone from Alcatel.  Preloaded with apps you use daily like calendar, email, even a personal hotspot, the Alcatel Go Flip would make a great starter phone for a Tween but takes care of business like a pro.  Best of all, it comes with a very budget friendly price (around $5 a month).  

ZTE Max XL

The newest in ZTE's highly successful Max line up, the Max XL boasts a 6" screen with up to 1080p display, a 13 MP camera and 16 GB onboard memory.  At around $8/month, the Max XL brings you the phablet experience without the hefty price tag.  All of the smart phones on our list come with impressive batteries but the ZTE is king of the hill, topping out at 3900MAh for a full day's listening, watching, talking or surfing.

TIDAL Streaming Music

Whether you pick up one of these great devices or not, you can enjoy unlimited tunes this summer by taking advantage of our new partnership with TIDAL.  Sprint customers now get six months free* unlimited streaming which means your playlist will last until long after the summer's over. Read about the details on our TIDAL or download the app from Google Play.  If you have an Android device, signup could not be easier.  Once you download the app, TIDAL recognizes your Sprint number and applies the promo automatically.TIDALxSprint.jpg

I know I'm not the only one who likes to save money.  Share your best tips in the comments!

About the Author
  • Sprint employee since 1998. One of the founding Sprint Community managers in 2004. Customer advocates. Online gamer, terrible blogger and owner at "SociAlleyAcceptable". Social Strategy is my passion. If you have suggestions or questions about Community please create a post on the Community Feedback board and I’ll review it and get back to you!
  • SeaWolf makes port here on Sprint's Community after running a somewhat popular blog, a mildly successful Twitter account and serving as the most-hated fandom Message Board Manager EVAR. Current Phone: Samsung S8 Areas of Expertise: Care topics and corny jokes