cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEASE IS OVER SPRINT DOES'NT WANT TO RETAIN ME

Highlighted
Journeyman

LEASE IS OVER SPRINT DOES'NT WANT TO RETAIN ME

I just sprint almost an hour and a half with sprint retention trying to get a deal that new customers get.  I do not believe they care about their existing customers.  How much do they spend to get new customers compared to trying to keep existing ones.  Basically the retention department would not do a better deal than i can get in the store or online.  I just do not understand where customer loyalty has went in todays business. They are telling me i am on the best service plan and for a new iPhone 11 is $29 a month lease when a new customer can get the same phone and unlimited service for $35 a month.  I am just a little lost.  Has anyone else been given the run around or did you get a good deal from retention?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LEASE IS OVER SPRINT DOES'NT WANT TO RETAIN ME

Without knowing your specifics I can say from experience that Sprint offers good deals for new customers. Like most carriers, these promotions/savings are not forever. Meaning the bill might increase after a certain period of time.

If you got new customer promos when switching to Sprint then you already received a lot of savings from then until now. 

To top it off, even at Sprints regular pricing, they are still cheaper than most to all the competitors when compared to their regular prices. Meaning Sprints full price is still cheaper than competitors full price.

To add, every carrier does the same thing. They will offer great deals to get customers in the door then after some time (usually a year) they too increase their prices.

Sprint I'm sure doesn't want to see you go but if the system isn't presenting any save offers to your liking then I assume you are already on the best plan for your needs and/or already got savings  for some time.

There's always new promotions going on and sales from time to time on devices as well as account specific offers that pop up from time to time so it's good to check once in a while.

In the end you might switch and initially get some savings but in the long run you most likely will be paying a lot more then if you just stayed with Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Flex Leasing?
Check out these articles:
Five Reasons to Flex
Sprint Flex Support Articles
Sprint Flex FAQs