cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lease rip off - I've paid for 4 phone for 3 years now and I still don't own the phone

Journeyman

Lease rip off - I've paid for 4 phone for 3 years now and I still don't own the phone

I am shocked at how dishonest this company is with their so called leases. I leased 4 phones in 2017 and I was told that I could either upgrade in 18 months or continue to pay for 24 months and the phones would be all mine.  I was also suckered into leaving a credit card on file and using electronic billing for a $5/month savings - which meant I have to login to the website to look at my bill.  I decided login yesterday to check out my account and I was shocked to see that I was still paying a "month to month" fee even though I've had the phones for 30 months ! ! I called Sprint and they told me that I would need to pay for 6 more months if I wanted to own the phones because I did not login at the end of 18 months to make an election.  I feel so ripped off !! I have paid $1,000 more that I needed to and they want me to pay even more if I want to keep phone.  I talked to customer service and they are absolutely unhelpful.  Stay away and be careful from this company ... I am ready to move a more honest mobile carrier !!!! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Lease rip off - I've paid for 4 phone for 3 years now and I still don't own the phone

Hey there. That is definitely not the impression we want you to have of Sprint. It's important to remember that at the end of the 18 month lease, the customer must create a 6 month installment billing agreement to buy the device. I would like to go over the account and work with you in resolving this issue. My name is Juan, I am part of the Sprint social care team. Please send me a private message with your name, account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question on the account.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Flex Leasing?
Check out these articles:
Five Reasons to Flex
Sprint Flex Support Articles
Sprint Flex FAQs