cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No buy out for me

Highlighted
Journeyman

No buy out for me

I was told due to the state I live in I will never own the phone.. I just wasted 600 leasing with no buy out option.. what a rip off.. if the salesman would of known his job I would never has switched to Sprint... so mad

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Social Care

Re: No buy out for me

Hi Kristieb ! I understand how frustrating this may be for you! 

I'd like to take the opportunity to explain that all customers can purchase their lease device anytime during their lease term via lump sum payment and most can purchase after they complete their term. However, there are some states where lease device purchase is limited at end of lease when you enter month-to-month billing.

This is because some states have strong consumer protection laws in place and Sprint's interpretation means we added a restriction in your lease agreement that only allows you to purchase your leased device during the lease term. Unfortunately, you are not able to purchase once the lease term is completed. Is your lease contract over?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I talked to one of your customer service agents and what happened is that an employee I talked to 2 months ago never emailed the paperwork to me to sign so now I’m out hundreds of dollars and need to either start a new lease or switch carriers... way to go sprint for making me pay for your employer’s screw up

Sprint Social Care

Understood! We do not wish to see you part ways with us. I'd like to access your account to check your case and verify your options. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you get a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Flex Leasing?
Check out these articles:
Five Reasons to Flex
Sprint Flex Support Articles
Sprint Flex FAQs