cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint customer for 20+ years and phone deals for new customers are better than what I am offered.

Journeyman

Sprint customer for 20+ years and phone deals for new customers are better than what I am offered.

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Sprint customer for 20+ years and phone deals for new customers are better than what I am offere

I have been a Sprint customer for 20+ years and phone deals for new customers are better than what I am offered. I would like to upgrade my wife and kids phones from their iPhone 5SE, 3 of them, and one Samsung. There are deals for for new customers that I would like to get but NOT for me. The prices are equal to what I can get outside of Sprint. So what is the reason for staying with Sprint and not going to other carriers with better coverage in my area and offering free  phones or phone deals I would like better. The only reason to stay with Sprint is it is easier than switching all 5 lines to another carrier, but it is getting more tempting as each days passes and might happen when their phones stop working.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint customer for 20+ years and phone deals for new customers are better than what I am offere

We understand your frustration with the rising costs of getting new phones. The offers that are extended to new customers are to assist with the costs of switching. Rest assured after the first lease, they're paying the same amount as our existing customers. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This seems to be a common complaint with Sprint.  I'm in the same boat, six lines, three on ancient iPhones, 1 ancient Galaxy and two iPhone 7s just off lease and Sprint won't do a **bleep** thing to help me upgrade all six phones.  They were originally telling me they would do $300 bill credits each on three lines and $180 each on the other three lines, but I wasn't ready to upgrade at that exact moment.  When I called in three days later to upgrade everything I was told they couldn't give any bill credits any more.  I went through the Sprint Community hoping one of the team members would be able to help out...not.  They escalated my case to retention who actually contacted me and told me there were no deals but they could put me in contact with sales who might be able to help.  What a joke, the salesperson couldn't do anything, nor could retention.  I don't know why I have continued to put up with the horrible customer service and cellular service with Sprint, other than I've been with them so long it's hard to switch to another carrier for fear of the unknown.  It also doesn't help that other carriers play the same games as Sprint (although with potentially better service). 

As for Sprints leases.  Imagine if car companies could get away with the same crap cell phone carriers can.  You have to buy the car before we can tell you what we will charge you each month, it will be about this much, but we don't know how much taxes and fees will be, it will just be a big old surprise when you get your first bill.  Or if you leased a car and at the end of the lease had to decide to buy it out, lease it longer or turn it in, but we won't tell you if you owe anything on it until after you've turned it in, at which time we will say it wasn't in good enough condition so we are going to charge you the remaining balance, but you don't get to change your mind and keep it since you elected to turn it in. 

Journeyman

Yes, I totally agree. I'm looking at moving the rest of my family to T-Mobile for the new phones, discount and similar price and hopefully better service. I guess we have to get used to switching carriers every 2-3 years and follow the best deals. Customer retention or loyalty means nothing to these carriers anymore.

I hear ya BoomerSooner81. We do offer some amazing deals for our long term customer. I've seen customers that have been with Sprint for over 10yrs, and have a great track history with us, get $200, $250, and even $300 off a new upgrade, and much much more. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Well Cat, thanks for the hope, but when I talked to Sprint last week I wasn't given any options. Not offered what customers with 0 seconds with Sprint are offered and not offered any options or credit or ... Nothing. I may try one more call then I think it's time to look at which carrier to switch to and when.

We'd be glad to check and see what's available for you without having to call. You can send us a PM and we can check the database to see what offers are available and let you know what we find. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Hey BoomerSooner - just curious if Sprint was able to do anything for you?  I'm curious what it takes to be considered a "good customer" because I've been with them for over 15 years but they don't seem to have any offers for me to upgrade unless I add a line of service that I don't have any use for.  Guess paying for six lines of service, on time, every time for all those years doesn't constitute being a "good customer".

Anyway, just curious if they were able to help you as it may give me at least a glimmer of hope that they would dangle a carrot in front of me to retain me as a customer.

Good luck!   and Go Cyclones ;-)

GladToGo - if you want to shoot us a PM we can get some additional information and check and see what is available for you as well. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

So you are just confirming that it is all about playing numbers with new subscribers and current customers don't mean a thing to you and the long they are a customer the less they mean. Hum, great way to treat people that are customers, drive them away.

Journeyman

Short answer, NO! I will try calling in one last time then it's time to switch carriers and keep doing that every 2 - 3 years. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Flex Leasing?
Check out these articles:
Five Reasons to Flex
Sprint Flex Support Articles
Sprint Flex FAQs