cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning! Sprint Flex 18month Complete No Option To Purchase

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Warning! Sprint Flex 18month Complete No Option To Purchase

Wow, the same thing happened to me! I switched from att to sprint because the sale rep on the phone told me that they have a promotion for 50 percent of the iPhone X. The phone would be 40 plus a month and the would credit me half on each bill for 18 months and after 18 months my wife and I would own our iPhone X. To my surprise after 18 months I was still being charged a leasing fee. I called and told that would pay this leasing fee forever unless I turned in the phone or paid 250 per iPhone X. I told them that this was not what I agreed to when I switch over and was told that I signed a contract so nothing can be done. I informed them that the phone conversation with the sales must have been recorded and they could listen to the recording to prove that was lied to. He said nothing he could do and would have a manager call me. Still waiting.
Journeyman

Well, it took a year (yep, you read that right) of phone call after phone call and chat sessions after chat sessions, and waiting and following up when nothing happened as promised, and I finally got most of it corrected.

Ridiculous about the amount of hoops you have to go through to prove YOU are correct and the company was not.

I had them listen to the calls. They called back stating they didn't hear anything that was wrong.

So, I said, hold on... I got th WHOLE conversation recorded right here, all 2 hours of it, so please kindly listen.

So, she did.

She stopped me after 10 minutes of listening, and quietly agreed that they were in the wrong.

What infuriates me is that it took SO MUCH TIME, on my part, to PROVE I, the consumer, had been paying for their service, holding up my end of the business deal, but THEY AS THE COMPANY did NOT.

The hours and hours and hours and hours I wasted trying to prove myself was crazy, not to mention  the unwarranted STRESS that this caused, not only for me but also for anyone who was around me. I think it's safe to say that 90% of their customers do NOT have the time, resources, energy, to do the same, as we can all easily discover in a quick online search into this problem.

It is mind-numbing to think about the profit they are making off of people who do not know how to deal with this - & shouldn't even have to deal with this - or those who just flat-out gave up because they did not have the time nor the mental bandwidth to get through this without completely losing their mind.

I'm in a state that allows recordings of this nature as long as at least 1 party involved agrees to it being recorded (that would be me), & I still let them know at the beginning of the call that I was recording & they said they were as well.

I kept records every chat conversation, phone call, screen shots, and notes made during the call, starting back from my initial call to find out about switching to them from AT&T back in the fall of 2017.

I started a documentation folder back then, and kept adding to it with every interaction I had with Sprint.

Should we as consumers have to do all of this?

Nope!

Yet we NEED to do this, to protect our own consumer affairs. 😑

Journeyman

There is multiple states that don't allow you to purchase the device once lease is up, not just Iowa.

Best thing to do is set up the flex option to own the device after 6 more payments prior to the lease ending if you want to own the device. 

This information is in the device agreements, some information is on the bill as well as it notifies you when the 18mo is near so you can choose what option you want to do.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat

Looking for more infomration on Sprint Flex Leasing?
Check out these articles:
Five Reasons to Flex
Sprint Flex Support Articles
Sprint Flex FAQs