cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First country music video on Sprint HTC EVO 4G recorded by Lauren Rainey

Journeyman

The creativity and inspiration of country music artist and songwriter Lauren Rainey helped HTC EVO 4G achieve another first.

Launched by Sprint in June 2010, HTC EVO 4G was the first 4G phone in the country. Now it played a starring role in the first country-music video recorded on an HTC EVO 4G.

Rainey’s “Crazy in Love” music video was shot using the phone’s standard settings straight out of the box without enhancements, additional lighting or special effects.

-Lauren Rainey

“I chose to shoot the video on a wireless phone to help set myself apart from other artists as I continue to find new ways to get my music out there. I am so proud of how the video turned out and I’m thrilled that Sprint loved it, too. It shows that anyone, anywhere, can record a broadcast-quality video simply and easily using the HTC EVO 4G.”

-David Owens, Sprint vice president-Product Realization

“We have been impressed with her music, and her passion for Sprint is second to none. She understands how the technology and value from Sprint is different from our competitors. She’s proved that you can take an HTC EVO 4G and use it just as it is to create a high-quality video.”

Lauren Rainey – “Crazy In Love”

Lauren Rainey - Behind the Video

As a former on-air host for Country Music Television’s “Custom Built” and, most recently, a concert tour host for Rascal Flatts, Rainey understands the intense competition in the country music industry. In order to get her music and unique style in front of a national audience she decided it would require new creativity and the use of cutting-edge technology.

“I came up with the concept of shooting the video on the HTC EVO 4G with the help of friends who are creative thinkers, including Bill Filipiak and Jo Hunt from ‘Thinking Bee Productions,’ who shot and edited the video,” Rainey said.

HTC EVO 4G boasts a large 4.3 inch display and 4G speeds that deliver a full, no-compromise Internet and video experience. The smartphone features a handy kickstand built in the back, making it easy to watch videos on-the-go, and two cameras, including an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder. For more information about HTC EVO 4G visit sprint.com/evo.

Lauren Rainey - Behind the Video

Lauren Rainey

For more information about Lauren Rainey, the “Crazy in Love” video, or to download her new 3 song EP, visit www.laurenrainey.com

Follow Lauren on Twitter @laurenrainey

Connect with Lauren on Facebook - www.facebook.com/laurenraineymusic

Lauren Rainey on YouTube - www.youtube.com/laurenrainey

More information:

First country music video on Sprint HTC EVO(tm) 4G recorded by Lauren Rainey

Sprint is America’s favorite 4G network with service in 71 markets nationwide and counting. Sprint 4G boasts speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.

Learn more at the Sprint 4G Information Center

10 Comments
N/A

This was a VERY good video!! LOVE IT!!

N/A

So cool! I love this!

N/A

She's so talented!!! I love her song!!!  Where can I buy it???

N/A

you can buy the song from her website at laurenrainey.com

N/A

Great concept! Awesome video! I didn't know a phone could do that.

Journeyman
First country music video on Sprint HTC EVO 4G recorded by Lauren Rainey

Thank heavens this historical milestone is behind us and we can all move on with our lives.

N/A

if this has been shot on an Evo, how is it in 1080p? the Evo has terrible compression for HD and is only able to record in 720 with an mp4 container, 480p is ED (enhanced definition) and its the only high quality option as it uses h.264 compression and even then recording in 480p is terrible, the phone drops frames, the sensor struggles with lighting, Ive had an evo since launch, ive had no problems with it, i love this phone but honestly the quality of this video is still better then what an evo is capable of, they may have upscaled 480p to 720 and 1080 but even then there would be some pretty bad artifacts, 720 mode's compression is just too heavy to produce quality HD

N/A

LOL Bleak's a pretty good name for a such a cynic. Lighten up darlin.

N/A

Oma, sounds like you need more practice taking vids with the evo. The quality of this video is fantastic!

Journeyman

Guest wrote:

LOL Bleak's a pretty good name for a such a cynic. Lighten up darlin.

Who said I'm a cynic? I'm just not impressed by making a music video with a non-standard camera. It's been done so many times!

Why not do something really impressive like release a music video in Microsoft Excel format: http://excel.acdc.com