What do you get when you combine industry-leading push-to-talk, military spec ruggedness, Wi-Fi, thousands of Android™ applications and a sleek full touchscreen design for less than $150? Motorola i1 from Sprint.
Motorola i1 is the world’s first Android-powered smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect®. It is available from Sprint today through direct ship sales channels, including Business Sales, telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web sales (www.sprint.com/motoi1) for $149.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement and after a $50 mail-in rebate (taxes & surcharges excluded).
With more than 17 years of experience, Sprint is the undisputed industry leader in push-to-talk, serving the world’s largest push-to-talk community with millions of Nextel Direct Connect subscribers on the fastest national push-to-talk network. More U.S. workers communicate in less than a second with Nextel Direct Connect than with any other push-to-talk service.
Key features include:
• Popular business tools such as Microsoft® Document Viewer and corporate sync ensure Word or PowerPoint files can be accessed on the go.
• Message entry is a breeze with both Android standard virtual keyboard and Swype™ virtual keyboards being offered.
• A 5 megapixel camera with flash, geo-tagging and panoramic capabilities provides crisp photos and clearly displays them on the vibrant 3.1-inch HVGA screen, and video can also be recorded and stored on a provided microSD for sharing or future viewing straight from the device.
• The Android browser allows you to see web pages and Flash 8-enabled sites in full view using Wi-Fi, and the latest Opera Mini 5 browser enables quick browsing over the Nextel National Network and Wi-Fi.
Motorola i1 is designed for those who work and play hard. It offers a solid body construction Nextel Direct Connect customers have come to expect, and it meets military specifications for protection against dust, shock, vibration and blowing rain1.
It features the Android 1.5 operating system, and automatically syncs and integrates office and personal information such as emails, calendar appointments and contacts, and enhances the Nextel Direct Connect experience with the ability to view who is calling regardless of what application you are using.
Motorola i1 is a great tool for Sprint business customers and offers a variety of robust business and entertainment applications through Android Market™. When combined with the built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, it provides a great view of what’s happening both personally and professionally.
In addition, Sprint partner applications available for businesses on the Motorola i1 include:
• Xora™ mobile workforce management solutions provide businesses with real-time visibility into field operations, and helps automate payroll and job workflow processes. The Android version of Xora Time Track™ includes new features like photo barcode scanning and signature capture, eliminating the need to purchase additional hardware to support such capabilities.
• TeleNavTrack™ uses the latest technologies to make mobile workforce and asset management reliable and affordable for businesses of all sizes. It lets businesses use wireless barcode scanning to track inventory and assets, manage deliveries, better predict arrival times, change schedules on-the-fly and deploy workers. It can also reduce paperwork by allowing the mobile workforce to complete invoices, orders and timesheets on the device.
• Sprint Mobile Locator is a Web-based solution that allows businesses to easily track and locate workers, and view a mapping display on a PC in near real-time using a wireless phone’s built-in GPS capabilities.
Motorola i1 will be available in all remaining Sprint sales channels beginning Sunday, Aug. 8.
1 Meets Military Spec 810F for blowing rain, dust, shock vibration, temperature extremes, low pressure, salt fog, humidity and solar radiation.