cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Navigation helps travelers find the way

Wizard

SprintNavInstinct.jpg

Phone-based GPS poised to overtake other devices

“GPS turn-by-turn navigation on mobile phones can help to create an enjoyable road trip experience by allowing customers to preplan stops online, find popular places to eat or stay, and search for cheapest gas prices along the route.”
        -  Scott Carmichael, editor of Gadling.com

Read press release

Sprint’s award-winning navigation service is increasingly popular:

• Travel experts anticipate spike in Labor Day road trips as more Americans seek less-expensive options for end-of-summer vacations.
  • Sprint was first U.S. wireless carrier with GPS navigation on its phones.
  • Navigation preloaded on many phones and more than 60 Sprint phones support the service.
  • Service provides turn-by-turn voice-guided directions, traffic alerts, daily gas prices and more than 10 million business listings.

“Getting lost is a thing of the past.”

More Information:
Throw those maps away, find what you need quickly and enjoy traffic-jam alerts.
Get more information about the service and how to use it at www.sprint.com/navigation

Outside reviews:

James Kendrick of jkontherun.com has used Sprint’s Navigation service for years. He recently described his experience of finding his way with the help of the service on a Palm Pre.

“Sprint Navigation is a wonderful utility for Palm Pre owners, and providing it free is a good benefit. The service works as well as dedicated GPS navigation systems, and the convenience of having it right in the Pre is nice,” Kendrick wrote at  jkOnTheRun.

“This has saved my bacon more than once and let me avoid traffic tie-ups.” http://jkontherun.com/2009/08/25/palm-pre-tip-of-the-day-add-address-to-sprint-navigation-online/.

“Today I needed a navigation system and the Sprint Navigation app did a great job getting me from Point A to B.” http://jkontherun.com/2009/08/01/palm-pre-apps-i-run-all-the-time/

A rising trend:
“According to our research, navigation continues to be the most desired location-based solution consumers want,” said Thilo Koslowski, vice president and automotive practice leader at Gartner. “Navigation on mobile phones is accelerating overall consumer adoption for navigation and provides a comprehensive, connected service experience.

Phone-based GPS poised to overtake other devices

“GPS turn-by-turn navigation on mobile phones can help to create an enjoyable road trip experience by allowing customers to preplan stops online, find popular places to eat or stay, and search for cheapest gas prices along the route.”
        -  Scott Carmichael, editor of Gadling.com

3 Comments