Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Back the Beep?

Journeyman

David Pogue wrote in his New York Times column today that cell phone users should ‘take back the beep’ – streamline their voicemail to keep the minutes of use down.  I completely agree – and I’m the Voicemail Guy at Sprint.  We want you to have the best experience you can with Sprint service.  Part of that is making voicemail as usable as possible for as wide a base as possible.  We have to assume everyone is a beginner, though, so we give them as much instruction as possible on how to use voicemail.  For our advanced users (and if you’re reading this, you’re most likely an advanced user), we have some shortcuts.  If you’d like to use the provided Expert mode, just follow these steps:

How to Streamline your Sprint Voicemail Experience.

To skip your Passcode**,
Dial into your voicemail, press 3 for personal options, select 1 for settings, then select 1 to skip passcode**.

To Turn off Numeric Paging option at the end of your outgoing out going message ,
Dial into your voicemail account, select 3 for personal options, select 1 for settings, then select 6 to skip the Numeric Paging option.

To turn on Expert Mode – this  helps you navigate more rapidly through the voicemail system by shortening the voice prompts you hear at each level.
Dial into your voicemail account, select 3 for personal options, then select 3 to turn on expert mode***.

To turn off message date and time
Dial into your voicemail account, select 3 for personal options, select 1 for settings, and then 3 to turn off message date and time.

To turn off caller instructions aka "TAKE BACK THE BEEP"

Dial into your voicemail accout, select 3 for personal options, select 2 for greetings, select 1 for main greeting, select 3 for add or remove caller instructions, then press 2 for do not play instructions.  (thanks StarmanDX)

**  If you choose to disable your passcode, your voicemail account will be vulnerable to unauthorized access.  Sprint strongly recommends that you use a passcode.  This is the best way to protect your account from unauthorized access.

Please note – these options only apply to Sprint CDMA voicemail systems, not iDEN or Visual Voicemail.

We're impressed with the response we've gotten on our community about this topic!  I've had the administrators stand up a new discussion forum, "Take Back the Beep" where you can post your comments and suggestions about using voicemail and making it better.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/general/takebackthebeep

I'll be monitoring the new forum and seeing what ideas and suggestions you have!

Thanks,

Jack

17 Comments