cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

America’s First 4G Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Debuts on June 4 Packed with Industry-Leading Features Including Access to Mobile Video Chat, Simultaneous Voice and Data and HD Video Capture

Journeyman

Sprint leads the 4G revolution with the highly anticipated, 

award-winning HTC EVO 4G priced at just $199.99; add mobile hotspot capability for up to eight devices for just $29.99

Dreams Do Come True

If you were creating your dream wireless device what would it look like?

·       Two cameras and video chat so you can say goodnight to your children when you are away on a business trip?

·       Simultaneous voice and data, so you can call in your take-out order while you look at their menu on the Internet? The ability to plug your phone into your HDTV, so you can let your children finish the movie they started watching in the car’s backseat when you get home?

·       And a huge screen for watching the videos you download in seconds – not minutes – with the fastest wireless data speeds available in America today?

Stop daydreaming and get ready.  On Friday, June 4, Sprint will make your dreams come true with the debut of the highly anticipated HTC EVO 4G™.

Brand New Features

With the launch of HTC EVO 4G, Sprint customers will be able to enjoy capabilities they have never experienced before with a new video chat service from Qik. The two-way voice and video capability will be available as an upgrade to the preloaded Qik app on HTC EVO 4G to enable conversational, interactive, real-time sharing between mobile devices or from mobile-to-desktop. 

The Critics Have Spoken…And The Winner Is…

The critics agree HTC EVO 4G is this summer’s must-have wireless experience as it continues to win their accolades and endorsements.

• CNET, LAPTOP and eWeek gave HTC EVO 4G awards for Best      of Show when it was announced at CTIA this spring.
  • Engadget said, “It's      easily the best specced phone we've ever witnessed.”

·       Financial Times cooed, “The first 4G phone in the U.S., the HTC EVO … ticks just about all the boxes for my ideal phone.” 

See how HTC EVO 4G compares to some of the industry’s most talked about devices including, iPhone, Droid, Incredible and iPad using HTC EVO 4G Mobile Hotspot capabilities –

to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3UD4M3aUlY .

Amazing Features, Beautiful Design

HTC EVO 4G features the latest version of the increasingly popular Android platform, Android 2.1, offering more than 35,000 apps, as well as a mind-blowing list of features, including:

·       Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues

·       Offering a new way to search with pictures instead of words, Google Goggles™ works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels

·       Superfast 1GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragonprocessor, ensuring a smooth and quick movement within phone menus

·       Two cameras – an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera

·       Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allowing up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device

·       Integrated HD video capture with the ability to capture and share live video via the Qik Web site, Facebook, YouTube or Twitter

·       Ability to easily watch video with the device on an HDTV via an HDMI cable (sold separately)

·       Custom Web browser optimized for the 4.3-inch display and Sprint 4G speeds to deliver a full, no-compromise Internet experience

·       A handy kickstand built into the back, making it easy to watch videos on-the-go

·       Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen

·       Pinch-to-zoom and automatic text reflowing provide easy Web page views

HTC EVO 4G boasts the newest version of the highly acclaimed HTC Sense user experience. With HTC Sense, HTC EVO 4G users can use Friend Stream to aggregate multiple social communication channels, including Facebook and Twitter into one organized flow of updates; a “Leap” thumbnail view to easily switch between home screen “panels;” the ability to download new, interactive widgets; and a “polite” ringer, which quiets the ringing phone once lifted up.

Worry-Free Pricing

HTC EVO 4G will be available in all Sprint retail channels, including Sprint.com and national retail partners, RadioShack, Best Buy and Wal-Mart for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes excluded) with a new line activation or eligible upgrade. Pre-registration is available at www.sprint.com/evo.

In order to provide the best experience, HTC EVO 4G will use Sprint’s industry-leading Everything Data or Business Advantage Messaging and Data plans that include unlimited Web, texting and calling on the Sprint Network to every mobile in America with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM. Everything Data plans start at $69.99 per month. A $10 per month Premium Data add-on will apply allowing customers to take advantage of a richer data experience than ever before.

Additionally, an optional pricing add-on will turn HTC EVO 4G into a mobile hotspot connecting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices, such as laptops, gaming devices and digital cameras, simultaneously at 4G speeds where available and at 3G speeds anywhere on the Sprint 3G network for just $29.99 per month – half the monthly cost of the current Mobile Broadband plan (pricing excludes surcharges and taxes).

Great Developer Tools

While the performance of currently available Android applications will be enhanced by access to 4G data speeds, a Sprint 4G developer guide is available today from the Sprint ADP Web site at http://developer.sprint.com. The Sprint 4G developer guide provides details on developing for an Android 2.1 handset and how to take advantage of HTC EVO 4G’s unique hardware and software capabilities and the Sprint 4G network. The Sprint Application Developer Program has been providing tools for third-party developers since Sprint first launched the Wireless Web on its phones in 2001.

Satisfaction Guaranteed

With the Sprint Free Guarantee, customers can take advantage of HTC EVO 4G for 30 days and if not completely satisfied, may return the device within 30 days to get reimbursed for the device purchase and activation fee, get both the early termination and restocking fees waived, and receive a full refund for the monthly service plan charges1.

Blazing Trails with Sprint 4G  

Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service today in 32 markets. Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G2, giving HTC EVO 4G the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today.

As the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology, Sprint made history by launching 4G in Baltimore in September 2008. Today, Sprint 4G covers 41 million people and expects to have up to 120 million people covered by the end of 2010. 

Sprint currently offers 4G service in 32 markets: Georgia – Atlanta, Milledgeville; Hawaii – Honolulu, Maui; Idaho – Boise; Illinois – Chicago; Maryland – Baltimore; Nevada – Las Vegas; North Carolina – Charlotte, Greensboro, (along with High Point and Winston-Salem), Raleigh (along with Cary, Chapel Hill and Durham); Oregon – Portland, Salem; Pennsylvania – Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Reading, York; Texas – Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Killeen/Temple, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, San Antonio, Waco, Wichita Falls; Washington – Bellingham, Seattle. For more information, visit www.sprint.com/4G.

In 2010, Sprint expects to launch service in multiple markets, including but not limited to, Boston, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Los Angeles, Kansas City, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, St. Louis and Washington, D.C.

What Sprint CEO Dan Hesse Has to Say about HTC EVO 4G

“HTC EVO 4G is a fantastic 3G device, but when you use it in our growing 4G coverage area, it becomes a multimedia powerhouse.”

“The EVO 4G experience is much like going from TV to HDTV.

HTC EVO 4G has more than just an impressive list of features – it is also fun to use with remarkable gaming, video and web-browsing capabilities.”

1 Refund excludes usage not included in plan, premium content, third-party billing, international charges and associated taxes and Sprint surcharges.

2 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. Sprint 4G currently available in over 30 markets and counting, and on select devices.  See www.sprint.com/4G for details. Not all services available on 4G and coverage may default to 3G/separate network where 4G unavailable.

76 Comments
Journeyman

This is the DREAM DEVICE I have been waiting for!  It will replace my phone, Palm Pilot, still camera, video camera, GPS and - when I'm on the road - my laptop.  My kids can use it for gaming and watching videos on vacation.  I can use it to read, stream kid events to my parents in Florida, video chat with my husband, and SO MUCH MORE.  I cannot WAIT to get my hands on the Evo!  I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and cannot imagine using another carrier!

Journeyman

Why is there a $10 add-on mandatory for premium data services?  Not everyone lives in a 4G area.  Ontop of the fact that Sprint was compelling to customers because of its value.  Charging all of these add-on features turns Sprint back into Verizon or ATT.  The problem is that Sprint is hemorrhaging post-paid customers every month.  This phone is awesome and very compelling, but all the extra money will turn many people off.  The proof will be in the numbers at the end of the next quarter.

Journeyman

i

Journeyman

Can't wait for this unit to finally come out! Unfortunately, my HTC Hero will be put to rest. R.I.P.

N/A

I totally agree with you guys...I was all pumped up about this phone.  I had owned nexus one on Tmo and ATT (both versions) and returned them both because I've been a Sprint customer for 12 years and didn't want to pay 2 phone lines when I heard sprint was coming out with Evo 4G.  Now, I'm hearing that there is a mandatory $10 surcharge for the phone?????  Whether you use 4G or not?  what the hell???  Except for texting, I can get ATT or Verizon for cheaper now.  Won't be pre-ordering this phone now...instead, will wait for the new iphone.  all the new commercials about sprint having no hidden fees, charges etc, just went out the window.  welcome to corporate America.

Journeyman

The air just went out from the build up to this phone.  $10/month extra to the already Everything plan seems sneeky advertising, especially when 4G is not available in all their current 3G areas.  The $29.99/month for the hotspot use is another slap in the face.  I understand the reason for additional hotspot charge, but that's outrageous.  So really, the hotspot capability won't be used and the 4G won't be used (in most areas), then what is the justification?

N/A

I was going to get this phone but, now I don't thinking I'm going to. Come on sprint! I have been with you for over 10 years, I pay $200.00 a month and you wont more. I don't even use the web that much on my phone. $10.00 more just to have the phone, x4 phones, that $40.00 more a month on my bill. $30.00 more if I wont to make it a hot spot. What a joke, thank for all the love. Please stop my as* is starting to hurt.

Journeyman

I wanted this phone so bad I could taste it.  Still do, but my biggest reservation is now the cost factor.  I honestly wouldn't mind the extra charges per month... IF 4G was nationwide, however, being I live in a fairly small sized city, I doubt 4G will be here within the year, so adding $120/year to my bill for something I am not getting seems shady (at best).

I wouldn't get the optional hotspot until 4G was available because running that on 3G would seem downright pointless (I've tried it... it blows giant chunks of nastiness).

So I'll ponder this until June 4th a bit more, sadly though, I'll probably take the butt ramming because I'm a techno-freak like that. *sighs*

Journeyman

I don't understand all the price whining, frankly.  I don't have a smart-phone (yet) but I have priced out various carriers.  I had my device choices narrowed down to the Verizon Droid and the Sprint Evo - but Verizon's charges for the same level of service (NOT 4G) are $50 a month higher.  I pay $90 a month total now for two Sprint non-smartphones without texting, so the extra $ per month to have unlimited data and texting seems reasonable to me.  Plus, don't forget, with Sprint, ALL calls to ALL cell phones are free & don't use up minutes.  That's huge!  Very few people I call have landlines anymore.  We will NOT be using the hotspot capability - cell service still can't touch broadband connection speeds - but I don't think the prices for the other services are out of line for a device of this caliber.

N/A

I want this phone and currently on the SE plan but.... I live in an area that is lucky to have any 3G access and it's a small area. I'm usually roaming once i leave my house. 10 extra a month on top of my SE plan is rediculous because I will NEVER use 4G. I'm hoping they at least waive the 10 dollar fee for people in my situation.

Journeyman

I too was excited about this phone, but not paying the $10 premium per month in a city with no 4G. I will wait till the charge goes away in a year due to competition and then get the phone. Kind of a dissappointment with the extra charge. Sprint always finds a way to deter the excitement with an issue.

N/A

The problem I have is getting charged $10.00 for a 4g service that I don't have access to.  I live in the Detroit market and they are not scheduled to get service anytime soon.  That is $120.00 a year for a service they are not providing.  I have no problem paying for it if I was getting 4g.  I have been a customer going on 14 years and love Sprint and have never had a problem, but this fee is crazy.  I wonder how fast it will get waived when you complain.  Can anyone say "customer retention department?"

N/A

Sprint loves to find ways to keep them from the top. I could understand an extra 4G charge if Sprint was the top dog, but they are not and having this extra fee will once again be a big decision breaker for a lot of individuals that are on the fence. Good job once again Sprint, good job! LTE right around the corner and instead of using your head start you just wasted it.

N/A

So, the Everything Data Plan isn't the Everything Data Plan anymore!?!?!?!  Come on Sprint, I've been with you for over 10 years! And this is how you're going to treat your PREMIERE customers? Or for that matter, any customer that's on this Everything Data Plan.  I've been telling my wife ever since I heard about this phone that I wanted to get it but now am seriously having second thoughts about it. I already pay $170.00/month for 3 phones and now you want more out of me?  the iphone 4g is looking better and better all the time!

Journeyman

wow here we go with the bananna in the tail pipe fees i wish the nexus one was still coming out for sprint i'll just have to settle for the blackberry essex tour2 as you will no problem!

N/A

It appears the $29 charge is optional and the $10 is required.

Journeyman

Now I seem to remember something being said at CTIA....   Now what was that?  Oh Yeah.

March 24, 2010

9:34AM With 4G, "because we can produce a gigabyte cheaper, we can offer more to the customer."

9:35AM "It's like standard def versus high def, but with that analogy, you paid more for the better service. With 4G, we're giving you more for free."

Now what happened to that?  And yes those are quotes from Dan Hesse.
N/A

I've been with Verizon for over 15 years, and seen alot of nickel and diming customers for many things over the years. I've decided to try Sprint first and move my family over at a later point. I was only coming over for the HTC EVO 4G phone only, then I heard of the $10 charge per month for a service that most people won't get. The better experience for most people is still Wi-fi so I don't get the $10 charge. The HTC EVO phone was suppose to save Sprint from losing customers, and try to gain market share from the other carriers. Shame on you Sprint for trying to fool some of the people. My family and I will stay with Verizon.

N/A

I was all excited to get this phone also and when i heard that there gonna make us pay 10 $ extra just to use the flippin thing that makes me mad. ive been waitng for this phone to come out since last year and this is what i get. sprint does this all the time to there costumers and this is y they r the 3rd place winner in the cell phone market....

Journeyman

i totally agree sprint wake up 10 dollar extra for a netwok that going to be free by next year i thought you were going to be the first 4g network in the states why r u charging us for this guys i do understand to use the hotspot coverage and agree with 30 dollars but not with accessing 4g area for 10 dollars guys i hope ur reading this r u trying to get new customers or what

Journeyman

I live in New York!!  and i don"t have 4G in my area, why should i have to pay for something i dont have!!. I been a sprint customer for 7 years, my mind is swaying from getting this phone. sprint is starting to play those AT&T and Verizon Gimmicks. Sprint Ive been loyal dont let me cut you off!! I will buy the phone and return it if your chrges vries to me too.

Journeyman

I have the Sprint Instinct phone and also three lines on my account. I have been using Sprint for over 10 years and like them. I already have the all data services plan and for the added features I will be getting on this phone for an additional $10/month seems like gravy to me. After all, how many would pay extra anyway if these were offered as options. Sprint would likely come out ahead if they did offer some as separate options and charged for each. Do you really think ATT, Verizon will not be jumping on the bandwagon as well when they come out to compete? Yes, my only wish from Sprint is to let their premier customers be able to get the phone before the June 4th release so we don't have to deal with the big rush. If you build it, people will pay.

N/A

I am completely okay with the hotspot functionality being $30 more per month.  It's optional and is half of what a data plan costs.  That being said, the extra $10 for 4G infuriates me.  I am lucky enough to live in an area where 4G coverage is available.  I thought that 4G was cheaper for Sprint to maintain than 3G.  Look at any of the data plans and you'll see that 3G is capped, while 4G is unlimited.  So, why the extra $10?  My guess is that it's not that Sprint wants us to pay more for the 4G, but rather they know that most people are still in 3G coverage zones.  With all of the things you can do with the Evo, that's going to use a lot of 3G bandwidth. 

N/A

I completely agree about the $10 Premium Add-on charge for the EVO and 4G.  I had the Hero, and I don’t see that the EVO will use any more resources.  $70 for the Data Plan is enough without the $10 extra for 4G.  Enough is enough!

Journeyman

i think putting extra 10 dollars on to the bill for the extra service is wrong sprint you already the best carrier out there with the best plans and prices i want the phone but i think the extra charge is wrong come on sprint work with the customers a little bit to not throw that charge onto us. thanks chad

Journeyman

This is truly an awesome phone, and i would really like to give a sprint store my buisness but the 199.00 includes an extra 100.00 dollars up front. Sprint should have thought this one a little better. I went to Best Buy yesterday and pre ordered my phone and no up front 100.00 dollars best buy takes care of that. I think sprint should have ate the cost as well at thier corporate stores atleast, i mean they would have gotten more buisness.

Journeyman

I to have been with Sprint for about 10 years. Was looking forward to the EVO but the extra $10 and not even getting 4G in my area?????? I Like Sprint service but will look at other providers now. You're just asking too much of us!

Journeyman

well all that is said about this phone and that sprint took off the gloves now i see it for what it really is and there are some ppl or more that will get this phone and as you see some that will not like me! ok its the first 4g so what other companies are building 4g also i admit i was pumped! but now forget it if sprint wanted to make extra money they should have sold it for more rather than an every month extra fee this anit no cable box or a home utillity bill! i guess we have to wait for other phones because being with sprint some years now when it comes to the evo im looking out the front door buy the way where is the nexus one for sprint yall wanted to make money right the nexus one would have sold and so what you want the evo to reach a all time high its ppl choice to choose a phone thats right for themdropping the nexus to sell this the customers you about to loose you maybe could have picked up on the side lines by the nexus one so they just drop the phone completely idiots

Journeyman

What a bunch of whiners.  I can see the arguement if you don't live in a 4G area, i live where doubt i will but work in a 4G.  Even with the extra $10 bucks, its same or cheaper than Verizon/AT&T.  I pre-ordered mine at Best Buy today. They said the demand and interest is high.  Imagine that, Sprint wanted to charge what the market will bear and provide a superior product at lower cost.

one more point, i would think Sprint should just charge the $10 if you connect at least once a month to 4G.  They should be able to tell if you connect to it or not. That would save hassle of deteriming where people live and trying to game the system.

Journeyman

Then DON'T get this phone, and use some lube.

Journeyman

It could be worse, you could be on AT&t and have to pay the extra for an iPhone to be on a 3g network, or may up the butt for "Blackberry Network" crap. While I do not agree with the extra charge for those who do not live in a 4G area and/or don't care and would be fine with 3G, I say DON'T buy the phone if the extra $10 is upsetting you that much. There will be other 3G phones that will be just as good.

Journeyman

Umm, check how much extra AT&T charges for you to have an iPhone. You will be happy to just be paying the extra $10 for the EVO. Also the iPhone 4g IS NOT a 4G phone. It is the 4th generation of the iPhone. It runs on a 3G network. It is not a 4G network.

Journeyman
Journeyman

its not about whiners its about opinion and i stated mines i dont care for at&t/verizon cause im not on there im talking about all the money im paying for which you or yall dont know right now and there wanting more yes extra hurts my pockets im not big willie style so to speak ok ppl stop writing crap like where whining and so off its a complaint and thats what customers do if yall can help out with the matter i will love to here your side if it makes my side better to see if not keep your negative thoughts to yourselfs cause im not in yall mail talking about yall im talking about a phone and how i feel thats all

Journeyman

All i can say is that i understand the extra cost does suck but if you want the evo and you want to not have to come up with the 299.00 its going to cost from sprint. ( thats before rebate  but you have to pay that upfront) Go to Best Buy and Preorder yours there, because they take care of the rebate instore. And they will be getting them on June 4th as well

Journeyman

http://ppcgeeks.com check out the story about a public realations guy with sprint, he basically says sprint is charging the 10 dollars because the specs of the evo and people will be using more data with that phone, which makes sense because 4g was suppose to be cheaper for sprint to use but not having the 4g everywhere the evo is going to strain the network where there is no 4g so they are charging for it, thats just my thoughts though not concrete lol

Journeyman

thank you daniel son spoken like a true jedi or sprint tech lol that was refreshing to know right there i just have to way the scale and not just yet jump right in to this ima see how it plays out a little while to see if the phone have faults and the bills are the same or what thank you for the info it really helped out

Journeyman

No problem, and i am not a sprint tech though i should be i have had the latest phone each year started wiht the instinct, went through 5 then the palm pre, went through 5 lol, so i have thought about the evo but i jumped on it the first day of pre order, the 13th only because the Htc has been doing touch screens for sometime now and they have put alot of work into this phone, but believe me if it last for me then it will last for anyone lol

N/A

As soon as I heard about the HTC EVO 4G, I knew that I wanted to get it. However, I live in Pittsburgh and it says that "4G is coming there soon", my question is how soon? If I upgrade my phone to the HTC EVO 4G is it still going to work for me, or is it best that I just wait until they bring 4G to Pittsburgh. If anyone could answer these questions for me, I would appreciate it. Also, I have a family plan with 3 phone lines and I am on the Everything Data Plan, so why should I pay the "required" $10? Shouldn't my plan already let me use all the data and unlimited texts, pics, etc that I want...

Journeyman

Don't forget ppl can also go to Radio shack and pre-order and receive a couple extras as well.

N/A

I would switch from AT&T in a heartbeat, but i travel to europe often (work reasons) and so rely on a GSM phone that i can use over there (iPhone).

Is there any word as to the ability of this phone to work in other countries (especially Germany).

Journeyman

My only thoughts and I guess questions on the pre orders with Best Buy and Radio Shack do we know they will have be receiving sufficient number of phones from Sprint to really fill all the pre orders? I have already spoken to a couple of people with Sprint and they are already being told that they are not expecting to provide sufficient quantities of phones at all locations on June 4th. So I assume if you preorder you are paying up front? Is Best Buy and Radio Shack guaranteeing they will have your phone on June 4th with the release, or that as soon as they get a phone in based on your pecking order they will give it to you? I am sold on the phone, I am just not sure I am willing to pay money up front. I am one of those that wants to have the product in hand to touch, feel and demo before I pay out. Also, if you purchase through Radio Shack and Best Buy do you have to pay the activation fee, or any setup fees to help configure? Just wondering what their offers are.

Journeyman

http://http://www.clear.com/coverage check out this map for the 4g, also if you want a really good phone i would go ahead and get the phone it will work just fine in 3g areas. And the 10 dollars you can look at an earlier post for the explanation of the 10 dollar fee. but in short the 10 dollar fee is just because they believe you will be using more data on the evo because of all the features it has

N/A

I could not agree more. I have been a Sprint customer for eleven years. I was fired up about the phone until I discovered it was another $120.00 a year for 4G which my area does not have. Time to take a hard look at other carriers. I shall remain as loyal to Sprint as they are to me....

N/A

Hear, hear, I was going to sign up but now I'll wait & see what's coming up next, I'll stick with Metro PCS instead of committing for TWO YEARS like I did with AT&T. As it is, $10 extra and no 4G in my area? WHY? Are we lemmings blinded by a cool phone? Am I supposed to subsidize Sprint? WHY? Two years is a loooong time to commit to the latest hot phone when in 6 months or less something else hotter will spring up. This 2 years commitments have to stop & don't give me this crap that we have to do this in order to pay for the discounted phone. BULL!! Let all these phone companies disclose the real cost to them of these phones & then let's see if those arguments hold fast. And I've been looking at the Sprint plans & you get only 450 minutes for the vaunted $69? Hey, I want to actually use a phone to talk too!

N/A

You might want to call them and check to verify this, but a friend of mine said that Best Buy told her that when she goes to the store to pre-order her phone they will give her a gift card type thing, which I guess is just to verify that she pre-ordered her phone or something like that and then on June 4th, she can actually go to the store and pick it up. Hopefully, they will have enough phones for everyone who is pre-ordering them, otherwise I would hope that once they run out of their June 4th supply that they would stop taking pre-orders.

Journeyman

The pre orders started the 13th of this month at Best Buy, I was told that their would be Evos availiable on the 4th at Best Buy, I only put down 50 dollars and they said when it comes in they will call me to set up an apointment based on what number i was to preorder, i am sure i am in the top ten in my area. When you go pick up the store you use the 50 you paid toward the phone, if you are qualify for the 150 upgrade then you can get the phone for 199 plus tax Best Buy takes care of the 100 dollar mail-in rebate.  As far as Radio
Shack i dont know what they are doing besides the extra 20 dollar card you get to use toward accessories, but i am not sure if they do the rebate instore or mail-in as well. I hope this helps

Master

Joe, That 450 minutes is to landlines, It also includes UNLIMITED MOBILE TO MOBILE TO ANY CARRIER ANYTIME, UNLIMITED DATA, UNLIMITED TEXT/VIDEO/PICTURE MAIL, ETC... It is a much better plan than any other carrier offers for the price.

N/A

All I know is that I want this phone, yesterday.

(If I had  a dream app, I'd be able to sync with my laptop without the cloud for HIPPA compliance - I think there's several 3rd party ways to do this.)

Journeyman

Sprint will find this to be a major flaw in there marketing strategy because there shrinking the potential customer base to individuals in the 32 projected areas with 4g coverage.  The mandatory premuim data service has turned me away and many like me who don't have access to 4G.  The company mighty actually take a hit in revenue as many customers choose to hold out for a wider adoption of 4G into there area before renewing a contract and spending more money month on a premium data service.  I hope they fix this soon!