cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Windows Phone 7 Device for Sprint, HTC Arrive, Available Beginning March 20 for $199.99

Journeyman

New Windows Phone 7 phone brings the Start screen to life with
Live Tiles for a glance-and-go experience; offers Xbox LIVE and Zune integration with Microsoft Office Mobile

Starting today, customers can pre-order HTC Arrive at any Sprint Store;

For more information, visit www.sprint.com/arrive

Available from Sprint on March 20, the HTC Arrive™ smartphone (announced by HTC globally as HTC 7 Pro) offers the Windows Phone 7, glance-and-go experience combined with an innovative design that features a sliding full QWERTY keyboard and tilt-up display. Its unique Start screen with Hubs gives easy access to the user’s most valuable content and customizable Live Tiles come to life with real-time updates from the Web. Depending on the app, the Live Tiles might show pending messages and appointments, news and weather, or game notifications and friend status – all continuously refreshed. It also lets the user customize people, apps, playlists, pictures, and other favorites to the Start screen, so they’re available at a single touch.

Windows Phone 7 Hubs

Bring together related content from the Web, applications and services into a single view and offers quick and easy access to the users’ most valuable content. The six Hubs are built on specific themes, including:

• People Hub brings together relevant content based on the person, including photos and live feeds from social networks. People Hub provides a central place from which to update status or change profile pictures across multiple social networking sites. Skim Facebook®, Windows® Live feeds & photos, then call, text or post to friends and get directions to their place.

• Games Hub is an on-the-go arcade and the first and only official Xbox LIVE experience on a phone.  Play solo, or use the free Xbox LIVE service to match wits with friends wherever they are and view player avatars, profiles and achievements.

• Pictures Hub houses your entire collection and makes it easy to share pictures to a social network in one step. It can also bring together a user’s photos by integrating with the Web and PC, making the phone the ideal place to view an entire picture and video collection, including photos saved to the phone and pictures friends posted on Facebook or Windows Live. You can even send favorites to friends, or post them to Facebook or Windows Live, all from one place.

• Music + Videos Hub is an anytime entertainment center. Play a music collection – synced wirelessly from a PC – or stream or download new tunes. There’s even a built-in FM radio and high-resolution screen that’s perfect for watching TV shows, movies or your own video clips. Add an optional Zune Pass subscription to get millions of songs for one low monthly fee. Users can turn their media experience into a social one with Zune Social on a PC and share their media recommendations with like-minded music lovers.

• Marketplace Hub allows the user to easily discover and load the phone with certified applications and games.

• Office Hub brings the familiar experience of the world’s leading productivity software to your phone.  With access to Microsoft Office, OneNote and SharePoint Workspace all in one place, users can easily read, edit and      share documents.

HTC Arrive key features include:

• Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon Processor
  • 3.6-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch capability
  • Full HTML Web browser with Bing Search and Maps for turn by turn directions, address mapping and even street level views via voice search or typing
  • Windows Phone Marketplace offers a single view to showcase apps, games, music and premium Xbox LIVE games
  • Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync®), personal (POP & IMAP) email and text messaging
  • 5MP camera with flash, autofocus and digital zoom and 720p HD camcorder. The camera button will snap photos fast, even if the phone is locked.
  • 16GB internal memory for storing pictures, videos and large files
  • Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g/n)

Availability

HTC Arrive will be available beginning March 20, for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement or eligible upgrade and after a $100 mail-in rebate (taxes not included) in all Sprint retail channels, including the Web (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1).

Beginning today, customers can pre-order HTC Arrive at any participating Sprint Store with the purchase of a $50 Sprint gift card. Customers who pre-order HTC Arrive will have their name added to the Device Wait List and be contacted to set up an appointment to complete their purchase beginning on Sunday, March 20. Through the pre-order process, customers will have peace of mind knowing they are able to get the device they want and receive the full retail experience, including Sprint’s Ready Now customer service experience.

Sprint Data Plans

Sprint customers get more with unlimited data plans on the Sprint Network. Sprint offers real simplicity, value and savings versus competitors, making it easy for customers to get the most out of their phones without using a calculator to tally up costs or worrying about how much data they’ve used.

HTC Arrive requires activation on one of Sprint’s Everything Data plans, plus a required $10 Premium Data add-on charge for smartphones. Sprint’s Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited Web, texting and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint network, starting at just $69.99 per month plus required $10 Premium Data add-on charge – a savings of $39.99 per month vs. Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and Web (excluding Verizon’s Southern California plan; pricing excludes surcharges and taxes).

Sprint Everything Data plans qualify for automatic enrollment in the Sprint PremierSM loyalty program1. Existing Sprint customers can switch to an Everything Data plan without extending their service agreement. New lines of service require a two-year service agreement.

1To qualify for Sprint Premier Silver customers must have a three-month average monthly recurring charge (MRC) of individual plans of $69.99 - $89.98

177 Comments
N/A

Excited about the new phone, not excited about the price.  Why $199.  It is a 3.6 inch screen with no SD card reader.  Seems a bit high to me.

N/A

I'd rather have the HP Pre 3. WebOS was built for multitasking and has a great homebrew community.

N/A

FIRST!!! I DONT WANT WINDOWS PHONE 7

I WANT webOS AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

N/A

This is it? The HTC Arrive? wow. i thought you guys were better than that.

i wish you were bringing out a dual-core phone!

N/A

Finally! Seems like I've been waiting forever for Windows Phone 7! I'm gonna pre-order TO-DAY. Then, I'll hibernate till March 20.

N/A

This phone looks ok.   I would consider getting it.. but i'm really committed to WebOS and the new HP Pre3.   Will Sprint carry it?   I've invested in touchstone chargers and i feel that i'd be downgrading if i ever had to leave WebOS.  If i had to choose, i'd choose Win7 over Android.

N/A

Come on, where is Evo succesor. We need a dual core android phone already.

N/A

Very excited to finally have WP7 coming to Sprint.  I've been wanting to have my phone and my Zune in one device.  Is 16GB internal storage standard or an upgrade?  I'd like it to have 32GB storage.

N/A

Guys, we're not stupid. We don't want a Windows 7 phone. This is boring news.

N/A

webOS is what I want, HP Pre3 or nothing. Windows 7 looks ok but there is nothing like webOS.

I have been with Sprint for 11 years but am no longer going to be carrier loyal if I cant get the device I want. If the Pre3 comes to VZ and not Sprint I am oout of here.

Journeyman

A nice looking HTC phone as always but

1. It's too small - 4" is the sweet spot, especially for "pro" business phones

2. Windows Phone 7. Don't want it.

What I do want is a dual-core Evo2 Let's get busy and make that happen. (Oh and please make sure the Evo2 has a dedicated camera shutter button!)

N/A

If the phone was launching today as was the buzz, then I would have been interested. Not launching for a month? Come on! The dual cores will be here by then and I will say good-bye to Sprint!

N/A

a little dissapointed.  Small screen, no slate form factor, no 4G (yet I have to pay the $10)....This phone seems a little outdated compared to phones on other carriers.

N/A

It's good to have at least one device from every OS but hurry up and bring out the EVO 2 or something that competes with Verizon and aTT which are both killing sprint with their recently announced high end android phones

N/A

I will pre-order mine today.  I have been waiting for a WP7 from Sprint since last fall.  I don't like the $10 preimum data charge when I already have everything data that includes "unlimited" usage.  I guess it is only "unlimited" if I don't use very much. 

N/A

Absolute garbage.

I had a Windows phone in the past and it was easily the worst piece of technology I ever had the misfortune of owning.

I need to have my phone link to my xbox like I need a third ball.

Where is the Evo2 or a vanilla android? Something like the Nexus?

Where is webos?

First you trot out that Nintendo DS phone and now you bring out this Windows POS. Is your next groundbreaking phone going to be that old school Zack Morris brick phone?

You sicken me.

Journeyman

No 4G? I am a little surprised at that one.

N/A

I love that Windows Phone 7 is coming to Sprint, but I am not a fan of any slider phone.  I want the HTC HD7 on Sprint.  Essentially an Evo with WP7 OS.  I love the big 4.3" screen.  What other WP7 phones are coming out and when?  I really want a WP7 phone.

Journeyman

I want wp7, but not going to pay 199.99 for a 3.6" screen (even the epic size screen had to go down in price) and a slide out keyboard (windows phone works GREAT without a keyboard), will wait til eithier a price mark down (by quite a bit) starts at release or a diferent phone with the evo style screen with windows phone 7 is available at that price. So either way, I wait. 

Journeyman

am I the only one noticing GPS missing?

Journeyman

Well, I suppose it beats the Echo.

N/A

I love the OS and am glad that Sprint has decided to add it to the mix so that there are choices. However, the standard price for WP7 phones currently out on the market with larger & nicer screens is $99 with contract. Don't get me wrong I know that its a nice phone but when you see that Germany has this phone for $117 US dollars, I didnt expect it to be more than $149 and with the competition haveing comparable or slightly better phones for $100 less, I have to admit there is some dissapointment from this loyal Sprint user. So it's not so much the price but the value for it since when / if I move to a new phone Sprint will be getting $120 more dollars from me annually. What would be fair would be to waive the $120 for the first year or bring the price down to $99. I'm no math / sales wiz but out of the two I'd drop the price.

N/A

For those saying you want a dual core processor...what for? There isn't any noticible difference in OS or app performance until you have multiple CPU heavy processes going at the same time. Most cell phone woas are due to not enough RAM.

I like Windows Phone 7, and might even try this phone out. I have a Touch Pro 2 that I love but wish was faster and had a slicker OS.

For those crying for an EVO successor, just wait until March 22-24. CTIA. Bing it. Sprint has always released it's new hotness then.

N/A

wtf an other win phone 7 device smh. i rether see the bold touch or the pre 3.

N/A

wtf another anti-wp7 post? I'd rather see a more creative commenter.

N/A

location services are a required capability of WP7 so I am sure it has GPS.  They just didn't call it out.

N/A

yes i'm so excited about this phone, and i have read a lot of good reviews about WP7,

N/A

i've used it and there are cool things wp7 but i just feel like it need alot of work, and the pre3 just seems like more of a complete package.

N/A

Are you saving the best next new phone announcement for last Sprint? Kyocera Echo < HTC WP7 Arrive < HTC Android Evo2 < HP webOS Pre3

N/A

I love android and love my evo. I was also looking forward to an evo replacement but I am also looking forward to wp7. The only problem I see with this phone is, same processor as evo, so it's old compared to the new phones that have just been released. Also, no hdmi out which I use all the time on my evo. Also no update from microsoft yet for the copy/paste which I use all the time. But in the end there are some awesome features that wp7 brings to the table and I wish I could try out for a couple days. I love the live tiles and xbox live app. Also the netflix app looks awesome. In the end stop hating. If you don't like wp7 then don't get it. Who cares!

N/A

Windows phone?

Just stick to the future - Android!

Bring Motorola in.

Let them compete with HTC to interduce dual core EVO sucessor.

And please, cut this 4G $10 charge!

N/A

I like this phone, but it is expensive compared to phones on ATT and T-Mobile.  This phone is based on year old technology specifications.  Microsoft is supposed to release new phone specs his fall for second generation phones.  I have been waiting for WP7 on CDMA for months, a few more months will not hurt, to get a better phone.   ATT and T-Mobile have phones for $100.00  Sprint needs to lower the price now!

Journeyman

Legitimate Question:

Could someone please explain the $100 difference?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/buy/7/phones.aspx#detail=1537

N/A

The future might look like it's android but security is a big issue with android and webos. With wp7 they are really secure for business people. Thats a big market and wp7 looks to be stepping it up. They better release the update soon or it's going to hurt them.

As for motorola they lock their phones and I will never buy motorola until that changes. HTC all the way!

N/A

I was hoping Sprint would finally announce the HP Pre 3 or any other WebOS phone.

N/A
  • Price difference is because the LG has been on the market for several months and is obviously not selling well
  • This was not hyped at all. You call hyping something posting on Twitter? Really? Don't you remember the Echo announcement?
N/A

Disappointed.  Next time you have something this insignifigant to announce, just announce it rather than building it up like it's a big deal.

N/A

That's "insignificant."  This text editor blocks my browser spell check.

Journeyman

While I'm not excited about this phone, it is a solid device. Just like webOS is NOT PalmOS, Windows Phone 7 is not like the old Windows Mobile. It is a nice UI and quickly building in apps and features on the way (multitasking, copy & paste).  If this was not a clunky landscape slider, I'd give it a spin. Instead, I'll hack my Pre some more and get 2.1 and wait for whoever carries the Pre3.

Journeyman

@PWL_Lem It's HTC (you get HTC Hub, usually higher quality build), has a better slider, and you can actually buy this one on a CDMA carrier.

Journeyman

Thanks for the responses. Do you think that the build and design of the phone warrants the $100 price difference between all the othe htc wp7 devices out there? I'm not trying to be difficult but as a small business owner I need to be able to take this concept to the CFO and justify the increased cost. (And yes that means tell my wife why I need a new phone...again)

N/A

Personally, I'm excited about this phone. For the android fans out there, Sprint carries TWO of the top android phones out there, the EVO and the Epic, and I'm sure they're due for a refresh soon. I've been a loyal Sprint customer for ten years, and have been waiting for a WP7 device since it was announced. Please don't knock Sprint for trying to bring to market something that people like me actually want. Iphone, WebOS, Android - these have all been available for a long time and there are many options out there. I've been staying with Sprint for the last five months waiting for this without jumping ship to get a WP7. I will have to agree with those of you commenting on the price point - 199 is a little much for the specs and the competition has so many cheaper options. This phone will ship with the NoDo update (necessary for CDMA protocol stack), and should be great with a keyboard. Thank you Sprint, but please, drop the price.

N/A

Actully it has been updated the same update that brought CDMA support to WP7 os brought copy/paste and much better performance.... now only this price tag has me wanting to go with the evo

N/A

I am so excited for this phone. Finally, Windows Phone 7 comes to Sprint. My only gripe is that it won't be available for another 24 days...

Journeyman

No 4G? Whats up with that?

N/A

Not at all impressed with these specs...Open to WP...but resent having to pay the added $10 charge. One more reason to leave Sprint!!!!  They take forever to come up with a new phone and when they do, it's lackluster at best. Sprint is waaaaaaaaay behind Verizon when it comes to phones.  So Sad!!

N/A

What about some Motorola Droid phones Sprint???? Please...can't you just have one rock solid phone? Just one is all I ask!

N/A

Windows Phone 7.  That was the big announcement?  Still no information about new WebOS phones.  You said no to the Pre Plus.  No to the Pre 2.  Any info on the Pre 3?

Looks like we will have to take our 3 lines to Verizon.  Android and WP7 just don't get it done, after you have used WebOS.

How long until you have Copy and Paste on WP7?

N/A

No front faxing camera? Other than the processor upgrade, it seems like the tp2 with Windows phone 7. I have been waiting for this phone for over a year, and will unfortunately keep my evo. Disappointing.

N/A

I wish it was 4G since the big launch in the bay area I would expect a new 4G phone, why be so diverse in your line up with varying quality and charge so much. I understand the businessman/gamer target though so i will be waiting to see if we announce anything at the next trade show in march!! (holding breath)