cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price match adjustment details for Palm Pre

Wizard

Starting today the Palm Pre™ phone from Sprint is available for $149.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $150 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate.

This pricing is available through Sprint stores, on the web (www.sprint.com) and by calling Sprint’s telesales group (1-800-SPRINT1).

Customers who paid $199.99 (after rebate) for Palm Pre within the past 30 days may be able to receive a price match adjustment.

Please take your receipt to the same type of retail outlet where the phone was purchased (i.e, if you bought your phone at a Sprint store, you can go to any Sprint store; if from a Best Buy, go to a Best Buy, etc.).

Customers who purchased a Palm Pre through Sprint Telesales or sprint.com may call 1-800-777-4681 (1-800-SPRINT1) and select Option 2.

Details about the new pricing for the Palm Pre came on the same day that Palm  introduced the Palm® Pixi™ phone.

The new phone relies on the Palm webOS™ platform, and, as Palm describes it, has a “strikingly thin design, a visible full keyboard and fashionable personalization options.”

The Pixi is scheduled to be available exclusively from Sprint in time for the holidays.

Learn more about the Pixi - http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pixi/index.html

47 Comments
Journeyman

I tried to get the credit but I was told no by online sales (I bought the phone from Sprint.com) and by customer care but after trying to speak with a supervisor on the 3rd call I got the credit.

N/A

Thanks!  I just purchased my Palm Pre less than 3 weeks ago and I called the Finance Dept.  earlier,  they didn't mention that fact that Sprint was doing a Price Adjustment.  I think this is FAIR.  I even ask TELESALES this question before I purchased the phone LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AGO if the price was going to change and they said NO!

N/A

Marylyn, typically those departments do NOT know about price changes until they happen.  If you bought the phone that recently follow the instructions above to get your adjustment.

N/A

The Manager at the Lynnwood, WA sprint store told me that the only way I could get the price change was to return and then re-purchase...

though when I spoke with the people on-line, they were able to solve the issue for me...

I would have expected the store to be able to resolve that...

N/A

Does it make a difference between the purchase date and activation date?

N/A

I went into sprint store and they told me there is no such price adjustment policy.

N/A

where can i look up sprint policy?

Wizard

Have this page loaded in your browser when you go into the store. Then make sure they follow up with CS

N/A

The reason why stores can not give you just the 50 dollar credit is because they can not do cash returns.  It is not part of thir system.  What they can do is give you a 50 dollar credit on your account.

Stores were not notified of this policy that Sprint issued today, until customers made them aware of it.  Most all stores are now aware of this, and must follow their in store policies.

So if you want 50 dollars cash, you must return the item and repurchase it, if you will take a 50 dollar credit, any store will be able to do this for you.

There are also different types of Sprint stores.  dont go to a mall kiosk thinking you are going to get this credit. Go to a real Sprint store.

N/A

This is what they did for me - $50 credit to my account for each of the two Pres I bought this past Saturday. But the first guy in the Sprint store I talked to didn't know what I was talking about.

N/A

do you have to do this today or should i ask.how long is this offer going to be available. i dont think i can make it to the sprint store tonight before they close.could i do this another day???

N/A

I bought my 2 palm pres 37 days ago and spoke to them today.  They made me change plans (an increase of about $30) to get the palm pres and now they won't include me in the rebated group.  I have been with Sprint for 10 years.  They have gone from being a company with great customer service to being one with no customer service.  I will be changing plans when my contract is up.  I have had enough of them.

N/A

try, and try again... and don't take no for an answer in this case.  i had my hubby stop by the store on his way home from work for our two $50 credits on our pres we purchased 28 days ago... the sales associate refused to do the credit, saying to come back after the 30 days and he would do it, to make sure we don't return the phones in the meantime.

i called him up, told him what the corporate policy was and how others i know have gotten the credit, but he still refused, saying those were the rules he was told.  who told you these rules, i asked, and may i speak to him?  i also told him in no uncertain terms why we deserved the credit, and why his self-serving "rules" were wrong and made no sense...

he said the manager was on a conference call and unavailabe, but after about 20 minutes debating w/ him, he said the manager now said he would still rather wait til after the 30 days (to make sure i don't return the pres ~ but i am a 7 year customer w/ 4 lines... come on... and there would be record of the credit in the case of a return i could simply be rebilled) but that if it was really important to me (which i had made it clear that it was) to come back in and they would do the return.  i had to play hardball - they were at first adamant, and then reluctant...  and they wanted me to wait until i was no longer eligible for the return... dummies!

N/A

kris, just be sure and do it before you hit the 30 day mark, from when you first purchased your pre.

N/A

maureen, are you saying you were forced to give up your two $100 rebates in order to get the 2 $50 credits?

N/A

I went to the sprint store where I bought my palm pre last Friday (5 days before the decrease) and they gave me a 50 dollar credit to my account.

N/A

Scott, I just got my $50 back (minus taxes) at the Sprint store in Everett.  Ironically, I purchased my Pre in Lynnwood.  Tell that manager to get with the program or just drive up 99 a bit to the store in Everett (next to Target and Sports Authority)

N/A

DW25HYSo 50 bucks back if you purchased your Pre 30 days ago or less...Hummm. I waited in line early in the morning to get your Palm Pre and I get nothing. Your loyal followers are feeling pretty used. John De Franco

N/A

I bought my Pre from Best Buy. Went down this evening after reading this and they gave me the difference, no problems at all.

N/A

I did have them look at this page and they told me there is no such thing as a price match adjustment policy.

Wizard

Get the store number and manager name and report it up the line. Evidently store management is not doing their job. They must read inter-company communications and pass that along to employees. Right now the store is anonymous if the situation is to be corrected the information needs to be passed along.

N/A

Doesn't loyalty count for anything?  I purchased in June.

Journeyman

Right, because how dare they operate as a business and not give everything away for free. Grow up.

N/A

Just call them i am on the phone with them now.

N/A

Why is customer service over the phone so consistently poor?  On the phone right now to get the adjustment, and was bounced around twice (customer care to telesales and back) before being told no.  Had to escalate to a first level manager, who also said no.  Why do I have to be the one to read Sprint's own policy to these people?

After extended hold, was transferred to order support.  On hold again now, while they get things straightened out on their end...or not...will see.

N/A

So far I've gotten 3 responses to my initial email (I purchased my Pre on sprint.com) and they all keep telling me that "it is not possible to apply the credit for the

difference price of the Palm Pre on your account. The change of price
has made as per Sprint Policy and the price change is a continuation
process not on the policy of blogs.

We appreciate your association with us. Have a great day."

One person did tell me to go to my point of purchase, to which I responded that they were my point of purchase, then I just got the same response as above back.

I don't understand what is going on here. Any company I've ever purchased something from will match their price within the return period. End of story. Why is it so difficult to get my money back??

N/A

I just called  1-800-777-4681 and spoke to a customer service rep.  He first said to get the price match I would have to go to place of purchase. I explained that I purchased on-line.  He did some checking and came back on the line telling me he already applied the credit to my account.  Easy and friendly.

N/A

just called sprint cust service (bought my Pre 28 days ago).  after the typical hold times and transferes, i got my $50 credit.  they will argue the language of the adjustment saying it don't apply, but be persistant, direct them to the posting above posted on THEIR site!  i had my rep read it out load to me and she agreed i did qualify and i got it.

N/A

I did.  Since I recently purchased the phone, they can't apply the credit to my bill until it actually is billed to my account, but I'm going to make sure it will be applied!!!

N/A

okay so i just went to store 409 in Irving, Texas. wanna give a BIG shout out to Rick the store manager there for helping me get my $50.he even fought with one of the customer service reps on the phone until he was able to figure out how to the the price adjustment. so its possible folks.just be persisten. and if anyone from sprint is reading this you all should reward Sprint Store 409 in Irving, Texas.they did a great job.

Journeyman

I seriously dont get most of these people on here. 30 days = return policy. Just say "I want to return and cancel my service". They will fix shit in a hurry, they dont want to lose out on their commissions OR have their quota dinged!

N/A

I did tell them I would cancel and the retention department said ok and processed a return equipment package for me and told me to call back to cancel once i sent the phone back.  The supervisor called me back an hr later and gave me the credit I guess after listening to the call.

N/A

well on somethings I have miss the time line to get credit for it  and they say that they are going back thirty days and you were thirty-seven day and I understand what you are saying that you being with them for ten years and I myself being with them when they first came to Peoria and I am still with them,  but remember thirty is thirty and not thirty-seven  cause if they do it for one person then they have to do it for everyone right.  I havde had the times that I don't want to be with them any more cause it seem that you have been with them so long that you are not treated right any more and I too think that plus feel that way too.  Just remember that is a business and that how these thing are now  they're all automated now by computer and the people there only do what the computers tell them to do it the computers that runs the company now days.

N/A

I have a Pre and I saw on FB yesterday where I could get $50 back if I bought my Pre within 30 days, It's been 41 days and I was told by Sprint and the store that sold me my phone that there wasn't anything that could be done. This is unfair!! It is close enough that I haven't gotten my rebate yet, either!!

N/A

can i trade in my palm pre for the palm pixi at no charge or do i have to pay the regular price because my palm pre is acting a little funny it is not receiving text messages from certain contacts in my phone, it cuts off on its own, and sometimes when people call me they can hear me but i can't  hear them.

N/A

You wouldn't be able to trade it in since the Pixi doesn't have a release date yet, and it is unlikely to come out anytime soon. If you are having issues with your Pre and are still within your 30 days, go back to the location you bought the phone from with all the contents, box, charger, etc. They'll swap you out if they see it's defected. If you're outside of your 30 days and have insurance, go to a Sprint location with a Service and Repair center. Scroll to the top of this page and click on "Find a store" to locate your nearest S and R location.

When the Pixi comes out, you will have to pay the original price, this assuming you got your Pre with an upgrade or activation.

N/A

I took it to the sprint repair store n all they did was reset the phne and gave it back to me and said it should work properly now but its not I don't know what to do I wish they could replace it or something

N/A

man, that was painful.  I had to get nasty... but i got the goddang 50 bucks!

Wizard

Very good! The problem I see is the store is still anonymous. There is no way you should have been put through the hassle. I have read the latest JD Power survey results for Customer Satisfaction among the Cell providers and Sprint's ratings came up big time. If Sprint expects to see similar results over the next six months they will have to concentrate more effort on their retail side while continuing their focus on call center and online training.

Owen, Stick around, become a member of the forums. Lots of good info getting passed around.

N/A

I bought 2 Pre's on Sept. 1 on the Sprint website.  I called on Sept. 11 to ask about a price adjustment for both lines.  The first rep said "there's nothing we can do" and I pushed stating that I could just return the phones and that's an expensive way for Sprint to deal with the problem but she still said no so I asked her to start a return.  She then looked at some bulletins and found one that stated I should be transferred to tele-sales for a price adjustment.  She just put me back in the general que not with a tele-sales rep.  I started all over again with another rep and she couldn't get rid of me fast enough (and I was being very very nice!) and transferred me again to tele-sales but I ended up in the general que AGAIN.  I am at 40 minutes of waiting on hold at this point.  I get another rep and plead with her to look at my account and the bulletin and she patiently does.  She then places me on hold for a while and comes back to say I will be transferred to Renaldo who will take care of my price adjustments (JOY!), but when she transfers me I do not get Renaldo, I get hold music so i wait and wait and wait.  I get an iterruption onmy caller id and see it's an 866 number so I answer it and it's Renaldo from tele-sales!!!!!  He said we were disconnected and wanted to take care of the 2 $50 credits for my Palm Pre's.  I really do think overall Sprint's customer service has gotten better as of late, but getting a rep who cares and will take the time to look into things is the key.  Thank goodness Renaldo went above and beyond becuase I was so frustrated that if I had to return my phones, I was ready to drop Sprint altogether and check out the I-phone with AT&T.  Those of you who are stil within the thirty day window my advice is do not take no for an answer, push through and get your credit.

Journeyman

Just take your phone back in for repair if it isn't working properly. I took my pre back and they just reset it the first time and then the next 2 times I got a new phone. As long as you have insurance it will be covered. I was told they are not allowed to work on them in the Sprint store so they give you a new one. Good Luck

N/A

i purchased my pre on 9/1.  after reading this announcement i went back to the sprint store where i purchased my phone.  they told me there was nothing they could do for me that i would have to call customer care.  after spending over an hour and a half on the phone being transferred here and there they told me i would have to go to a "authorized" sprint store to get the credit!  apparently not every sprint store that is named sprint is a sprint store???? so i proceeded to a authorized sprint store to check with them. they told me they could not help me because i didn't purchase the phone through them.  i now have several day's, hour's, minute's, and mile's racked up just because of $50!  so i finally returned to where i bought it from and the guy working the desk says he can give me a free car charger!!!!  i told him no thanks and that i would like to return the phone and cancel my service with sprint who i have been with now for 8 years with not even one late payment! he said he had one other thing he could try to get the $50 credit haha.....supposedly he is emailing someone but it will take 7 days to get a response whether or not i will even get the credit!!!!!  i think they are buying time but who knows i am now waiting......

i called there to get the store number and manager name and found out they have no # but the name is A 2 Z wireless 1938 polaris pkwy columbus ohio.  manager's name is David George.

Wizard

This is an area that I would like to dive deeper into. Franchise stores verses corporate stores. In the end we are all Sprint customers. If a franchise operator won't check a Sprint policy with a simple phone call and then honor that policy on the spot it reflects poorly on Sprint Corporate. These price adjustment issues should not be happening.

N/A

This process is aweful, I called sprint 3 times, noone knows what I am talking about. I have had the phone for 2 weeks and I am just going to return my phone and go back to t-mobile. I dont want to but atleast I know that the customer services reps are well trained.

N/A

i am with you i am so sick and tired of the run around and the hassle.  i have been on the everything plan since it came out, my bill has not been the same price once!  this month they charged me $8 for long distance!  worst part is i am going to have to pay $35 to return the phone and then to break my contract but its worth it to me.

N/A

I think I saw this kind of situation before....oh yeah! when AT&T lower the price of the first iPhone like at one month(I think) after they release it & custs who bought it with the previous price from then they were asking for a refund for the difference. DEJA VU!!

N/A

i think this is great the sprint is doing a price adjustment, sadly though sprint and palm should spped up the pixi release. i am so disappointed that sprints selection is slim to null. i have a palm 755 that is is need of repair and i have insurance on this phone, but all anyone wants to do is sell me a new phone. in  my opinion sprints phones a out of date, and yes even the instinct, come on guys. you make customers pay for a $69.99 or higher plan and it has bad reveiws and no wi-fi....what a joke. then there is that silly centro what was plam thinking???? so plam tried and tried again. neat phone, the pre, just sad! what is up with the keyboard??? then there is the font issues for some of us that need a cleare sized font. im sure the pixi is the same as the pre without the silly keyboard slide out deal. sprint move it up. i am on the edge of verizon. better phone selection!!!!!! but great for sprint in trying to win customers on the new plan. I have several friends on the simply everything for $99.99. just too much for me, the new anytime any mobile will be great for me, that is if sprint comes up with a better phone. i so love the 755, just 3 years old.