cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone get a clear connection with Sprint Connect 2?

Journeyman

Does anyone get a clear connection with Sprint Connect 2?

We purchased the Sprint Connect 2 last Fall.  It is the most frustrating piece of equipment I have ever owned.  The connections are terrible - we  cannot hear or be heard.  Conversations are muffled and static-like.  We probable get about 30% of our conversations.  I have gone to email and text for anything important - NOT what I purchased this for.

10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: Does anyone get a clear connection with Sprint Connect 2?

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry for the delay in answering you, but please allow us to look into this issue for you. Has the connection issues that you're receiving been this ways since you purchased the Sprint Connect? Also, do you also have Sprint cell service? If so, are you having connection issues with it at home as well?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

I continue to have the same issue. I had my Sprint Connect 2 since July 2013. When I can get a signal it is garbled and has lots of static. The system was advertised and sold to me as being "high quality" and according to the person in the store a great way for me to combined all of my bills into one. I have been with Sprint for over 16 years and have 3 other iPhones on my plan. The cell phones overall work great. I just have very poor reception near my home. My attempts to call and work with technical support have been very frustrating and fruitless at best. The Connect 2 is WORTHLESS...DO NOT GET THIS SYSTEM. I was told it would still give me good quality calls. I can not get any calls to come through. Just counting down the days till I can switch back to a real land-line now.

Master

SMMHARRI,

I am really sorry that this has been your experience. I would like to help with this! Can I have your cross streets and zip code? This will help me check the towers in your area and get the reports over to the engineers. Have you by any chance taken this device into a Service and Repair store? I would like to help you enjoy this device and your services.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am also having similar issues and am at the point to where I am willing to pay to get out of this contract after only 4 months.  The reception/sound quality is terrible, calls hang up, the phone does not ring at times when someone is calling as well as Sprint not being willing to provide a solution other then for me to reset it.  I would urge anyone who is considering this as a less expensive solution than companies such as ATT to consider themselves lucky in that at least they are getting what they pay for. 

Master

annettegway, 

Thank you for reaching out to us as well.  Please share your locations (just zip code and cross streets) of where you are having this issue.  Do you have other Sprint devices? Have you taken this to a service and repair center? 

Dania
Social Care

Journeyman

I am having similar problems with my Connect 2.  I received it 2 days ago and installed it today and had awful reception and poor quality voice to the person I was calling.  We live in zip code 97219, x-streets SW 4th and SW Carson.  We were supplied an Airrave for our cell service.  I mentioned this to the person who sold me the Connect 2 and they did not think it would be an issue.  Seems like it might be.  Before I port my landline number over I want to make sure we have comparable service.

Master

ericpdx, 

Thank you for posting and for reaching out to us with your concerns. Also, thank you for providing your location information it was most helpful. After looking into your area I don't see any issues currently going on. I do see that your most direct tower is scheduled for Network Vision upgrades over the next several months. Once complete you will see a drastic improvement in service. Just to clarify, have you tried power cycling your device to see if this helps your issue? Please let me know, I look forward to your response. 

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Zip code is 60433 and cross streets are Mills Road and Richards Street. The cell phone service through Sprint is equally as bad with endless dropped calls.

Master

annettegway,

Thanks for the information. Towers within your area are having upgrades applied to them at this time, which may cause intermittent service issues. Technicians work to keep these to a minimum as they work through the permits, regulations, and terrain of each tower to get the upgrades done as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thank you for this information Dan.  How long have these upgrades in relation to the ones you are referencing been taking place?

Is there a projected date of completion for these upgrades?

Once the towers are upgraded, should I expect to be able to use the phone without frequent dropping of signals?

Should I expect the phone to ring when I receive calls?

I have many questions and am sure that you will not have an exact answer for these.  However, I have been very patient with Sprint since purchasing this phone as well as using the cell phone services.  Each time a persistent issue occurs such as dropped calls and connection problems, the answer has always been that towers are being upgraded.  This dates back to even as long as 2-3 years ago when it was nearly impossible to have a cell phone conversation in my area without the call dropping.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat