cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I regret the day I agreed to try out the Connect 2-

Highlighted
Journeyman

I regret the day I agreed to try out the Connect 2-

I agreed to try the Connect 2 out because of the price break I rec'd when getting my cell phone upgrade; I understood I had a small window of time to return if I did not like using it...however, it really is awful and there hasn't been time to even investigate any solutions to Connect 2 problems-I kept thinking it would get better or I had hooked it up improperly. All has been checked more than once and it does not work in our home. IT IS AWFUL. Why ? See below:

Connect 2 reception is HORRIBLE (Sprint cell phones work fine in our home.) Cannot hear a word most callers say, and they cannot hear us...every one word perhaps.Everyone that calls home tells me the reception is horrible and they can't understand us. Mega static;

Connect 2 calls drop frequently, almost 50% of the time;

VMail works about 3/4 of time, but there are times when phone shows no msgs, but there are msgs there. Phone is working and is set up properly for v/m.

Why did I bother ? We have to use our cells most of the time, thus using up all of our shared minutes-thank you Sprint ! I HATE THIS BOX ! How to get of service ? If we can't hear our calls, we can't use it ! What to do ?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: I regret the day I agreed to try out the Connect 2-

ELCMAY519,

Thank you for making us aware of this issue. Are you referring to the Sprint Phone Connect? When did you activate it?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes, I am referring to the Sprint Phone Connect 2 service, activated on 5/31/13. Awful reception from the onset no matter where I place the device. I absolutely hate it.

Journeyman

ELCMAY519,

Please feel free to send me a Private Message by clicking on my profile name and include your full name, account number or primary phone number, and your security pin or answer to your security question. I would be glad to look into this for you.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

My situation is similar.  I signed for a Sprint Phone Connect 2 on July 31, 2013.  I went in to the store for another reason.  I almost left without getting a phone connect 2 that day. The wireless consultant suggested this worthless piece of equipment.  My cell phones work in this area.  Now I'm told the signal is not strong enough for this area and it will not work at all. Was the wireless consultant just after her commission?  I'm stuck paying for a worthless black box.  I tried for months to get it to work.  I am dreaming of the day I actually can make a call on it   I know it won't happen and Sprint doesn't care if this customer is unhappy.  I really don't want the black box now.  I just want to have the charge for it removed and be able to send the equipment back.
Journeyman

farmrat,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. I apologize for the service issues you have experienced. Did you try contacting technical support regarding this issue?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have contacted technical support more than once.  I have talked to customer service also.  They tried to trouble shoot the problem.  My Sprint Phone Connect 2 will not pick up a signal.  Technical support had me take it back to the store in Cheyenne.  It works there.  I am 30 miles north of Cheyenne.  Sprint does not have a signal here.  An employee at the store said the device never should have been sold to me and the store manager agreed.  When I obtained this device I was not looking for it  I knew nothing about it.  The wireless consultant showed it to me. I was only looking for help with the settings on my cell phone.  Since Sprint does not have service in this area why can't the charge for this device be removed?

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem, the people in the store promised us all sorts of things now 5 months later I still have no signal and a large black box that is good for nothing but a paper weight!  Have called technical support several times and they are of NO help. I have 3 other iPhones on my Sprint plan with no problems with them, until i get home and want to use the Connect 2 home phone system. It is WORTHLESS...do not get this system! I have been with sprint for 16 years and this by far been my biggest nightmare. I have given up trying to get help from them.

Susanne M. Harris

Master

SMMHARRI,

Thanks for he reply. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with your sprint connect 2 home phone.  You mentioned that you have 3 iphones on the account that work well, do they work good even inside your home where the connect 2 is?  
What exact issues are you having with the connect 2? Is it dropped calls, inability to make calls or something entirely different?  Please let us know and we'll do our best to troubleshoot.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C. 

Journeyman

Michael,

Thank you for asking, my iPhones work fairly well in my home; just not as well as they do say from my office at the Duke Medical Center or other areas around town, but they do work substantially better than the connect 2. Hence the reason why my parents I have taken to pretty much just using our iPhones as our sole means of communication for calling and speaking with both friends and business acquaintances. This does not go over well will my father who does not like to carry his cell phone with him every where around our home.

The connect 2 originally worked about as well as the cell phone, but over time has become more and more garbled and full of static to the point that we can no longer hear anyone who calls. Originally it just sounded like people were calling fro a tunnel and we thought we could live with that. Messages left on the answering machine are unretrievable, this became very problematic when express scripts tried to leave messages about my parents meds and not a single word could be deciphered, Our previous calls to tech support have been less than helpful and truthfully only added to the frustration as we were told the problem was our house was too big and made of brick so we should never have been sold the system to begin with but we were continually denied any opportunities to repair, fix or return the box.  :-(

Needless to say we are very unhappy with this system and feel the need to ward others away. In 16 years with Sprint we have never had any other problems.  Susanne

Journeyman

I too am having all kinds of problems with the Phone Connect 2 it is so unreliable, we don't even use it and I am under contract with it! I want another home service, but I am still 244 days out from my "upgrade ". I am going to cancel it as soon as it is possible.

Master

Moomoosg,

Thanks for reaching out. What specific issues are you having with your phone connect. I would like to assist.

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat