cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound quality?

Journeyman

Sound quality?

Is anyone having sound quality issues? The quality on the Phone connect side for us is hollow, muffled, have trouble understanding people sometimes.  No one on the other end has complained about quality issues though..

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Sound quality?

Just started using the Connect2 about 3 weeks ago it was better the first week but now I am having the same issue. The sound quality for some reason is an issue sometimes, I have also asked the parties on the other end but they are not having issues its on my end either I have a echo, its hollow, muffled or staticy. Already went and got the most uptodate phone to see if that helps not much same issue, I will try to move it to a different location and see if that helps. I would've liked for Sprint to have included that issue in their troubleshooting section because I am sure we are not the only ones with sound issues.

Journeyman

Ive had it 2 weeks and the quality is bad and the voicemails i cant even hear im going to return it today.

Wizard

A software update is being released today that should improve the voice quality.  See this thread for additonal info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The software update did little or nothing to improve the sound quality.  At least for me.  Some calls are better than others.

Journeyman

I have been using a Sprint Connect 2 for about a four days (since Monday 3/11/13). I would assume a device this new would update automatically to include any updated software that is supposed to improve sound quality. If that is correct, I could just as well be talking to someone through a soup can connected by a string because sound quality on my end is still hollow, echoes, or is otherwise so poor it is hard to carry on a conversation. Any thoughts? The people on the other end have good sound quality from me; I have tried moving the Sprint box around the house, etc. with no changes in quality.

Journeyman

Our SPC just started acting crazy last night. The sound is garbeled, like the person is under water. We pulled it apart, called sprint, they did a reset on the network, than we replaced the handsets-and its still garbled. We've moved the device all around our house-and no help!!

Any remedies?

Journeyman

We too are experiencing major sound quality issues. Calls to customer service are fairly useless, all we get is a reset code which does re-sync it to the tower. However, there is little to no improvements.

Any update on this?

Journeyman

I sent ours back. It is a great idea but Sprint's roll out seems to have ongoing problems. Even sending it back within the guarantee window was a pain in the rear but we did.

Journeyman

The problem is the default volume in Phone connect. This device has 4 volume levels, to change it, simply pick up your handset, when you heat the tone, dial ##1 and the desired volume level, then * to save it.

Example:

Changing to level 1 will be ##11* you will hear one beep, if you hear two beeps you did something wrong.

I recommend the volime level 1, it is enough and yoi can still adjust the volume in your hanset.

Hope this helps

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat