cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would I be billed for poor quality and now no service

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would I be billed for poor quality and now no service

Since I first activated this phone connect 2 device the voice quality has been poor. Now I have no signal. I have 2 Sprint cell phones with acceptable voice quality. My zip is 90247, cross streets Normandie and Redondo Beach Blvd. If there is no way to improve the situation I guess I'll have to get an AT&T ground line installed.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Why would I be billed for poor quality and now no service

OldManTim,

That's not what we like to hear. There aren't any reported outages or tower upgrades in that area at the moment. Ensure the signal and signal strength LED shows up green on your Phone Connect 2. If not try moving it to a different location to increase signal strength on the device. Let us know if this helps.

- RajahSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same location it's been for a long time.  It goes from all green to no signal and back every few minutes. Also the battery light cycles from charging to charged back and forth.  From all the complaints I see on here about the voice quality I don't see where moving the unit a few feet is going to make it better.  If I had seen what a lot of folks think of this unit I would have never bought it.  Is there a replacement unit that actually works?

Master

OldManTim,

Try these steps.

1. Pick up the phone.
  2. Press ##786# (which is ##RTN#) fairly quickly without any pauses.
    • You will hear a tone (not dial tone) if the entry was successful.
    • A dial tone is returned if there is too much pause while entering the code.
      • The code must be re-entered.
  3. After successful entry of the code, hang up the phone connected to the Sprint Phone Connect.
    • All of the LED lights go off and Hands-Free Activation begins.
    • During hands-free activation, the LEDs blinks green from right to left.
  4. Wait 3 - 5 minutes for Hands Free Activation to finish or for the LEDs to stop and settle in their normal state.
    • Do not lift the phone to make a call.
  5. If after 5 minutes the LED lights are still blinking, power cycle the device using the power button.
    • It is important to use the Sprint Phone Connect’s power switch to power cycle the device.
    • Do not simply unplug the unit from the wall as the battery will power the device and will not truly power cycle.
  6. All of the LED lights will turn off then come back on.
    • The device is ready to use.

Let us know if this helps at all.

-Patrick

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat