cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sprint Phone Connect support faxing (incoming and/or outgoing)?

Master

JRB65 wrote:

See some of the other topics in this forum. Very disappointed in this product. And since the phone number was ported it can not go back. So now I am stuck with it.

The number being ported does not prevent you from cancelling and returning to your previous company, they jsut need to port the number back over from Sprint. Almost all landline companies have supported bringing your number for years now.

Journeyman

WHO ON EARTH IS DOING FAXING IN 2011!!!!!

That said, no, the system does not support faxing.  You can try, and sometimes you can get it to go, but it is unreliable.

Journeyman

Touted as a business line and does not support faxing....BS....who uses fax lines? Contractors and small business trying their very best to save a buck here and there that's who, I am so glad you find this so funny as we are now paying for something that can not be used correctly.

Journeyman

Re: Does Sprint Phone Connect support faxing (incoming and/or outgoing)?

The medical field also uses faxes. Do to the laws, you cannot email medical records as a copy of that email is saved on a server and therefore not secured which breaks patient confidentiality. Fax  machines will never go away. It is a secure line between two points.

Journeyman

It is true that the Medical field in general does not allow emailing records. However, faxing was created as an enterprise solution and is as old as I am (1950s). Now that so many people no longer use a landline and in many parts of the world never will, it is way past time to be able to intergrate some of the technologies that we already have. I am happy to be able to create a PDF, encrypt it and email it but that is not possible because the corporate phobia will not even give you an email address to send it to. I realize that not many have the capabily to encrypt a PDF but ways around this are not technological (Adobe patents etc). There was (and may still be) a way to encrypt email using offline email programs (ie Outlook, Thunderbird etc) but this idea was essentially broken with the popularity of web based email applications. The encrypted file would have to decrypted on the server (Yahoo, MSN etc), which defeats the purpose. OR sent as an attachment to which most people (especially the "enterprise") are going to say "whoa, what is this, a virus"?

I dissagree from the earlier post that VoiP will not allow fax. I had a well known VoiP service for 3 years and never had a problem sending or receiving up to about 5 pages. Now get me going on Landlines that can't recieve a TXT message

The phone connect does not have the proper codecs to pass data, thus no fax. If you need fax, most enterprises use a fax gateway where you create an email, then attach your fax and the email system sends it to an outgoing fax line, or if you need to have the capability to send and receive faxes, yet don't have a fax machine, or access to one, try eFax. It is just as good. I came from Health Care and built a claims processing system, and yes we did accept encrypted attachments to email as not all places have fax capability.

Journeyman

I can answer you question honestly, NO it does not support faxing I spent 2 hours on the phone with sprint yesterday an was told no it will not work with a standard fax machine. But I was told if the fax machine had

a phone reciever on it (hand set) it wouild, but I dont really see the differance. But the bottom line is I canceled my service becasue I cant fax with, good luck.

Journeyman

We have the phone connect that has replaced our business land line and it works just fine.  We would love to have a phone connect that works with our fax line.  For now going to switch fax land line to an online fax company, but would rather have all communication business with sprint.  Let us know when it is available.  Thanks.

Master

machining

So happy to hear the phone connect is working so well for you. 

In the future we would love to service all your needs. If any new information should be released in regards to updates or new equipment you can learn about it here, www.sprint.com/newsroom .

Zena
Social Care Team

Journeyman CJF
Journeyman

Certainly would like to have a device that would work with FAX over cellular. It would solve a lot of problems by replacing AT&T. AT&T has a lot of bad underground cables that fail when there has been rain or melting snow. AT&T is not putting any money into maintaining infrastructure for reliability. In any event at some time fax over cellular would be a nice feature to have.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat