cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sprint Home Service

Journeyman

New Sprint Home Service

Has anyone switched their landline phone to the new Sprint Home plan?  Would like to know anyone's personal experience - both good and drawbacks (I know fax not available).  Thanks for input. 

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

New Sprint Home Service

It doesn't look too hot to me, it's just VOIP for $20 a month. I use Ooma premier for $100 a year (you can get Ooma free without the additional features) and use simulring so that calls go to my cell and landline at the same time.  I had Vonage for years, it's price is comparable to Sprint Phone Connect, most of the calls either had an echo or only one person could talk at a time (both talking at the same time would cut off the conversation.  The one review on the Sprint page makes it sound alot like Vonage. 

Journeyman

New Sprint Home Service

Did you read this link?

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/351927#351927

Please read all the post's. As far as that Ooma, it's similar to magic jack you have to have Internet connection for it to work, and magic jack is $40 a year. lol

Journeyman

New Sprint Home Service

I guess I made the assumption that most people have internet connectivity..Ooma is FREE if you don't subscribe to premier services, and Magic Jack sucks and is ad supported.

Journeyman

New Sprint Home Service

I just installed it today. Works great!!! i have clear calls! wish that the caller id shows names but only shows numbers. This is a Great Product that Sprint ha

Journeyman

Re: New Sprint Home Service

The service is awful and am going to cancel after our 1 year.  The machine says that our service has been cancelled.  We were having problems, took machine in and they replaced.  Still not working correct.

Journeyman

Sprint's highly-friendly staff talked us into switching our Ooma line to a Sprint bundled package to get an ever so wonderful price. That remains to be seen, but it did sound pretty good.

We purchased two iPhone6 Plus devices.  Love them, of course we are still getting to know their features.  However, as part of that package deal we received the in-home Sprint device.  Hmmm, I thought.  Pretty cool that it does not use our Internet, but instead sends a signal out to Sprint's network; thus, it sort of act on the same principle as a cellular phone.  That is okay.  Problem is, our signal within the house has never been good.  The Sprint in-home device is awful!  The voices break up terribly.  We can hardly hear one another enough to say, please send me a text message because I do not know what you are saying.  Horrible.

Solution proposed by Sprint.  Tomorrow, we are suppose to receive a device that will connect to our Internet.  The idea is the device will act as a mini cell tower.  We are told that for customers having problems with their cell phone/home phone reception, the device is a reasonable solution.  Also, that our cell reception will improve within 5000 square foot area.  It should work.  Of course, we are right back to where we were when using Ooma.  Now our cell and home signals will travel to the in-house cell tower connected to our Internet.  And, anyone driving nearby using a Sprint phone will have their calls ping off our mini cell tower.

Ultimately, we have until December 11th to return the phones and go somewhere else.  Naturally, that means waiting and waiting at the Sprint counters that offer no stools or seating.

All that, and we have been customers with Sprint for 11 years.  We did not switch to Sprint, but rather LA Cellular who had been our provider for eight year prior, sold to Sprint.  Hence, we have technically been with the same company for 19 years.  Maybe it is time to change.

Master

AppleCoreyThomas, I'm sorry to see that you're in this situation. Thanks for giving us the privilege to serve you for so many years. Your loyalty is highly appreciated. Customer service is one of our main priorities, and so it concerns me that you feel this way. Have you received the Airave device as of yet? Please let me know. I want to make sure that you're receiving the best service possible - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

JodyAnn,

Thank you for the prompt reply, and the demonstrated concern.

No, the Airave has not yet arrived.  Perhaps it will arrive sometime tomorrow, I'm told.  Certainly, we do believe that will help with the poor communication, or it should.  If not, we will make our decision to leave Sprint for a better package.

As mentioned earlier, we left Ooma to receive Sprint's home line.  If Airave in fact corrects the communications issues, then we might be satisfied enough to remain with Sprint for our cell phones.  However, it is doubtful that we will continue to maintain our house line with Sprint.  The features offered through Sprint's house phone are primitive, and that is putting it kindly.  Yes, oh boy we got voicemail.  Hello, that has been around since my children were first born.  With Ooma, and with Vonage, we were with Vonage before Ooma and liked it best, the features were vastly better than Sprint's.  The ease of blocking numbers was appreciated, the ability to have simul-ring with the house line and my cell phone is almost unbearable now that it is not available with Sprint.  I really, really do not like the loss of that feature.  Plus, why does the caller ID on Sprint's house line only reflect the phone number?  The caller's name is not shown.  What's up with that? 

If you are going to push a product, then you should at least have one that is comparable to your products competition.  Had I know those facts on that Nov 29th day where we were expected to STAND at a counter with a sales person for 2.5 HOURS, then I would not have agreed to terms.  Fortunately, I have until Dec 9th to take the phones back and goes elsewhere.  That, of course, would not be the first choice or we would have done so in the beginning.  However, it is still on the table with serious consideration.

So, what can you do JodyAnn?

JosephThomas

Master

AppleCoreyThomas, To better assist you, please refer to this link to send me a private message with your phone number and the best time to contact you http://bit.ly/1qQty1X. This will allow me to look into when the device will be delivered to you. We can also verify if the this device will provide you with the service you require on the home phone. - Jodyann
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat