cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail notification not working, and caller ID name not working

Journeyman

Voice mail notification not working, and caller ID name not working

This device has been working fine as a replacment for my old land line but neither the light on the device or the dial notification is working when we have voice mail pending pickup.  What could possibly be wrong?

Also the name does not appear when the caller ID phone number pops up.  Any suggestions out there?  (especially from sprint)

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Voice mail notification not working, and caller ID name not working

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you make and receive calls using Phone Connect? What is your zip code so that I can check if there is any reported outage going on at your location. I would suggest you to power off the switch from the phone connect and turn it back on after a minute check Voicemail. Let me know.

I would suggest you to try this Solution if above troubleshooting steps didn’t work.

Pick up your phone and dial **34000000# to reset your phone.  Let the device sit without using it for 5 full minutes.  Then turn the device off and after 10 seconds turn it back on and begin making calls.

Let me know.

Abe

Journeyman

Yes the device seems to work great for making and receiving calls.  I did the first thing you suggested and powered the phone off and back on again.  Now the light works and I get the dial tone signal for voice mails waiting.  Thanks for that suggestion.

Any thoughts on the name issue?  Names appear on my cell phones so I thought names would appear on using this device too.

Master

Setting Caller ID Mode.

If your Sprint Phone Connect phone has an LCD display, the caller’s name and/or number will appear by default. To change this setting: 1. Pick up the handset. 2. Press **210# to disable the Caller ID feature. 3. If the wired or cordless telephone(s) belong to FSK (Frequency Shifting Keying) standard type, Press**212# to enable the Caller ID feature. Normal phone type is FSK.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

This is good information but i am not sure it tells me what i was trying to find out.  my problem is the names do not appear.  numbers show up fine.  i think this only tells me how to turn off the caller id feature.  there may be no answ

er.  ??  thanks so far.

Journeyman

The names are not showing up on my called id like they do when I am on my ATT line.  I bought this to replace my ATT line, but only having the number show up twice instead of the name and the number showing up is a deal breaker.  If they can't fix this, then I don't want the line!  Any help would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Wizard

Like a cell phone, all you get is the number. The cell phone then matches the number to a name in the contacts.

This is not a landline that gets names.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat