cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper NetConnect VPN hangs when Sprint Tri-Mode USB U770 is inserted

Journeyman

Juniper NetConnect VPN hangs when Sprint Tri-Mode USB U770 is inserted

I just got the Sprint Tri-Mode USB U770 devices, got it configured and now was trying to test VPN.  Our company uses Juniper NetConnect 7.0 and 7.2 on Windows 7.  (I tried both with same result) Here's what happens:

1) Make sure you have internet via the U770

2) Start NetConnect

Observe:

The VPN software doesn't launch.  The process is running as seen in task manager, but no UI shows up.  I can click it a few more times and launch a few more processes, but not UI shows up.

Next, I remove the U770 from the USB port, and the UI instantly appears.  Too bad I no longer have internet connectivity.

I tried another method which is to go to my company's website connect.xxxxx.com and login via dialog there.  When I hit connect, nothing happens.  When I remove the U770, the connection popup shows up, but of course, by then the connection fails.

I'm not sure how to get around this issue as I've never encountered such behavior before.  It's one thing to be incompatible, but here it looks like the Juniper NetConnect UI purposely hangs when the U770 is present. 

Any ideas where to begin?  I'm going to have my employer check with Juniper next day, but wanted to share this here first.

-Martin

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Juniper NetConnect VPN hangs when Sprint Tri-Mode USB U770 is inserted

Is there someone who answers this

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat