cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors

0 Comments

Got plans Saturday?? 

Sprint is hosting another round of Sprint Says Thanks! events Saturday, June 25th!  If you’re not familiar with the event Sprint stores will have food, music, games and definitely great prices on devices and accessories.  It will be a big party and lots of fun that you don’t want to miss.  To help, stores are accepting appointments so that you can minimize the wait time – you can simply go to http://sprint.co/1bWupaC and choose the store that is most convenient for you to set up your time slot

SprintSaysThanks-large__960x680.jpg

If you do happen to stop by – take some pictures and send them in.  It will be such a blast if you are thinking about adding a family member, friend, and neighbor or want to refer anyone this is the time to do it. 

There are plenty of great phones to choose from at Sprint right now – but the LG G5 has to be considered.  It’s such a solid phone with a great user interface, strong battery life, amazing camera and the ability to swap out to a new battery or pop in an upgraded camera and other modules.  If you’re the techy kind you should definitely check this out!

Hope to see you Saturday,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I’ve been doing a fair amount of reading up on the LG G5 – there is an article on BGR with the headline “’Modular’ smartphones are 2016’s dumb trend” (http://bgr.com/2016/05/27/smartphone-modules-lg-g5-vs-motomods-vs-project-ara/) which brings up the idea that “many people aren’t into the idea”.  I find this a bit short sided and frankly a bit strange……who doesn’t like more options? 

When I go out to eat, I love options and combinations and being able to customize my meal – why wouldn’t I want to customize my phone?  Also, they are options, not requirements so if the price is too high for your liking – don’t buy it.  But if you want to upgrade the camera and you want to buy the attachable for the new LG G5, go for it!

LG G5 Cam plus.jpg

*photo credited to androidauthority.com

The article goes on to say that “modules aren’t being driven by customers wanting more features from their phones” the article insinuates that it is the manufacturers driving this.  I’m not sure about you but even the original modules released like the Square allow small business to take payments via credit cards without buying an expensive credit card machines and even allow people to take credit card payments to PayPal.  I’ve been in so many coffee shops or small stores in a mall where some of these small businesses would not be in business without this expanded functionality – this is the definition of customers wanting more features.

There was another article on Android Central titled “The LG G5's modules are a neat idea, but they won't matter” (http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-g5s-modules-are-neat-idea-they-wont-matter) that had similar themes that this type of functionality is not necessary as many things are just now apps and not needing an attachable.  Again, they are missing the big picture on flexibility and the fact that providing consumers choices is never a bad thing.

Anyone else read these articles?  Anyone disagree or am I missing the boat and drinking the Kool Aid??

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I wasn’t looking for a new device – I was quite happily content with the one I had. But Samsung S6, you really have been winning me over this week!

If you’ve read my reviews before, you know not to come here looking for specs and details and statistics, what you will get is “Is it easy for regular folk to use”. I need my phone to do the following: Emails (work and personal), maps (I get lost sometimes), web access, text, and photos (I’ve got some cute kids). I also need to make sure that I won’t get dropped calls, or lose access because with my family – I have mastered the art of work anywhere and multi-tasking.

But before my phone can do all of that, it needs to be set up. And can I do it by myself without having to call customer service. And the Samsung S6 was! It helps of course that I know both Android and Samsung, and already have a Google account – but the whole setting up of my home screens and preferences – I was able to figure that out without even having to go to help. And getting all of my applications loaded and email set up also took record time.

Now, the first test of my use of a new phone is if I can take a good picture with it. And look at that photo of a rainbow I took the first night I had the phone. And it was dusk and far away and fading already. And the picture of the kids playing turned out extra clear too.

Speaking of being at the park at dusk, the brightness of the screen was impressive. Even with it being on the power saving mode.

So, first thoughts are positive! Stay tuned to further reviews, and let me know in the comments if you have any specific things you’d like me to review.

20150413_163610_resized_1.jpg

#sprintemployee   

Sprint Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

The new Nokia Lumia 635 was the newest Windows phone to hit the cell phone market in 2015…..it’s got a lot of good features that you will find in many of the higher end phones.  The phone uses the new Windows 8.1 operating system which is allows users to access the cool Cortana assistant and many other newer features of the operating system.  The phone by design allows for flexibility in that you can change out the cases to add color to your phone as well as the live tiles updating on the screen all the time that are completely customizable. 

Nolia covers.jpg

*photo courtesy of microsoftstore.com

Another cool feature in the new Windows 8.1 system is the Xbox Video App which allows you to browse content, watch online content and even make purchases.  The Xbox Music and Podcast Apps are similar in its functionality to the iTunes Store or the Android Play Store if you are more familiar with those. 

Windows 2.JPG

The updates to Cortana are also very cool in being able to provide more than just a voice search – it is truly a virtual assistant.  Cortana is a step up over other online searches as it learns but also helps you to send texts, make phone calls, set alarms and reminders as well as doing online searches and answering questions.  You can use Cortana to listen for songs that are playing as well –I have used Shazam before but having this be so easily accessible is a great bonus.  It will also allow you to access the Notebook very quickly for capturing something quickly – think Post It Notes, something that we all use easily. 

Cortana.JPG

*photo courtesy www.windowsphone.com

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for even more great blogs on devices of all kinds!

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

The new Nokia Lumia 635 the newest Windows phone to hit the cell phone market in 2015…..it’s got a lot of good features that you will find in many of the higher end phones.  The phone uses the new Windows 8.1 operating system which is allows users to access the cool Cortana assistant and many other newer features of the operating system.  One of the cool features is the live tiles and ever changing home screen which allows you to not have to open up applications to see updates, they are constantly updating for you! 

Windows 2.JPG

You can even choose a background picture as below and then have the tiles show like glass pieces.

Windows Home Screen.JPG

Another cool feature in the new Windows 8.1 system is the Xbox Video App which allows you to browse content, watch online content and even make purchases.  The Xbox Music and Podcast Apps are similar in its functionality to the iTunes Store or the Android Play Store if you are more familiar with those. 

The updates to Cortana are also very cool in being able to provide more than just a voice search – it is truly a virtual assistant.  It will send you reminders, create calendar events and also make recommendations off of your usage as it learns your likes and dislikes.  Very cool feature!

I’m still digging into all the other features so check back for updates….

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

0 Comments

The new Nokia Lumia 635 the newest Windows phone to hit the cell phone market in 2015…..it’s got a lot of good features that you will find in many of the higher end phones.  The phone uses the new Windows 8.1 operating system which is allows users to access the cool Cortana assistant and many other newer features of the operating system.  For those familiar with Siri, it’s similar except that Cortana learns from you and your searches and starts to make recommendations….One benefit of using the Windows operating system versus Apple or Android is the live tiles – you don’t have to open apps, they update automatically on your home screen.  You can see the most recent calendar, Facebook updates, emails or whatever news feeds you establish. 

Cortana is a step up over other online searches as it learns but also helps you to send texts, make phone calls, set alarms and reminders as well as doing online searches and answering questions.  You can use Cortana to listen for songs that are playing as well – this is a cool feature that I have used many times and it is very accurate.  I have used Shazam before but having this be so easily accessible is a great bonus. It will also allow you to access the Notebook very quickly for capturing something quickly – think Post It Notes, something that we all use easily. 

Cortana.JPG

*photo courtesy www.windowsphone.com

When actually using Cortana, you can type in the bottom bar and it will use either a web search or search your contacts, notes etc. depending on the question. You can also tap on the microphone to actually speak your request, which is a great time saver and also makes this so much easier when you are on the go.  I personally use the microphone feature for the majority of my texting as well as searches…it makes it so much easier and eliminates spelling errors!  Another benefit of being able to speak directly to Cortana is that you can be truly mobile whether walking to a meeting or to the car or busy holding groceries, I can type one handed but very slow and very badly…..

How are you using Cortana??

0 Comments

The new Nokia Lumia 635 the newest Windows phone to hit the cell phone market in 2015…..it’s got a lot of good features that you will find in many of the higher end phones.  It’s got a beautiful 4.5” display, a 5.0 mexapixel camera and a quad core processor.  What makes the phone unique is the battery life – the standby time can be up to 17 days, although I haven’t had the phone that long to actually test it myself! One thing missing in comparison to other top end phones is that the Lumia does not have a front facing camera, which may be a downer for some.  The micro SD card slot can handle up to a 128GB expandable memory card so that you can store as many games, music, movies and pictures as you could ever need.  

Another feature of the phone is the ability to swap out the shell on the back of the phone.  There are the standard white, blue, black but online you can buy a few other colors like orange, green, and yellow.  You can buy a few and swap them out frequently if you choose, the process is very simple and easy to swap in and out. 

Nolia covers.jpg

*photo courtesy of microsoftstore.com

The phone uses the new Windows 8.1 operating system which is allows users to access the cool Cortana assistant.  For those familiar with Siri, it’s similar except that Cortana learns from you and your searches and starts to make recommendations….I’ll write more on that in a later post as I play with it some more.  One benefit of using the Windows operating system versus Apple or Android is the live tiles – you don’t have to open apps, they update automatically on your home screen.  You can see the most recent calendar, Facebook updates, emails or whatever news feeds you establish. 

What questions do you want explored?  Ask below and I’ll try to answer in another post…

0 Comments

So like most of you I was visited by Santa recently and after spending so much time with extended family I needed some quiet time to relax and unwind.  Fortunately I had received an early delivery of the new Harman Kardon Soho II headphones and was able to spend some serious down time with these beauties. 

20141120_104612.jpg 

The Noise Cancelling box has a switch to turn on and off to ensure you are in control at all times.  Who doesn’t like to be in control?  I was sitting and listening to music just yesterday and reading a book and didn’t even notice my teenage son unloading the dishwasher 15 feet away!  The noise cancelling in these earbuds is amazing and is sure to stand up to the most noisy conditions…

20141120_121422.jpg

The other great feature I love is having several different options for different sizes of the earbuds so that you can choose easily which size and style fits each person the best – everyone loves options!  This is also a backup plan for those of us that are sometimes a bit forgetful or clumsy and happen to lose an earpiece while putting the earphones in or out of a gym bag or overnight bag when travelling to visit friends or relatives.  I personally haven’t lost any yet but the snug fit I was able to create means I don’t have them popping out if I am the gym, walking around outside or just listening to music in the house.

#sprintemployee

0 Comments

I recently got a delivery from one of my favorite people (name removed to not flood his inbox!) of the new Harman Kardon Soho II headphones.  These babies are really cool and have some really cool features.  I’ll walk through some of the features here – but I’ll be back shortly after I spend some more time listening to the sound quality and playing with all the other features. 

Here’s a picture of the box – it’s fairly small and compact but I like the fact that you can quickly see all the components.

20141120_104612.jpg

The box contains the headset, the connection cables, the Noise Cancelling box and an adapter for an airplane plug in.  The adapter is a cool feature if you travel, no one likes to wear the cheap headsets the airlines have available.  This allows you o be able to choose to use your own earbuds which will fit more comfortably and have the noise cancelling feature to ensure that you are hearing crisply.  The box also contains several different options for different sizes of the earbuds so that you can choose easily which size and style fits each person the best.  This ability to choose is greatly appreciated

20141120_104625.jpg

The back of the box shows off a few of the highlights of the headphones – active noise cancellation, in line microphone, ergonomic ear tips (with multiple sizes included for a proper and comfortable fit), the flight adapter and the 35 hours of playtime.  These are all great features for such a small pair of headphones!  The 35 hours of playtime is amazing considering many larger speakers will only offer 4-5 hours per charge.  The inline microphone is not an uncommon feature on headsets these days, but many of the premium headsets don’t offer this feature – this is a nice blending of high end quality with the ability for the microphone added to be able to talk as well. 

#sprintemployee    

0 Comments

Recently I got a pair of the new Harman/Kardon Soho II NC headsets – I have been listening to them for about two weeks to really check them for quality and comfort so here’s my thought on a few important topics when looking at headphones.  To compare I used a pair of Beats TM by Dr Dre TM urbeats since both are in ear headphones. 

Brand Reputation

The Beats headphones as a brand are very popular right now and come in many different styles and have a lot of celebrity endorsers and commercials – but the Harman/Kardon speakers are a bit under the radar to the mainstream public.  Many hard core music fans are aware of the great products from Harman/Kardon and the quality as they have been in the marketplace for a while now, but obviously the Beats are one of the “hot” brands in the marketplace right now.

20141120_104612.jpg

Fit

The Soho headphones (pictured above) are meant to be able to sit in the ear very comfortably and snugly and also come with multiple pieces to swap out to ensure a perfect fit.  This is definitely a good thing as it allows for some customization and a really tight fit which helps to reduce some exterior noise.  The Beats are very comfortable but without the extra piece that the Soho’s contain they tend to fall out when turning from side to side or even when sweating if you wear them during a workout.  The rubber outer piece (pictured below) that touches the skin can become slick when wet so there are times you have keep pushing them back into your ear. 

Beats picture.jpg

Sound

The competition in this category is pretty close but I have to say the better fit of the Soho helps to reduce outside noise – making the music sounds clearer and crisper without having to be turned up very loud.  Most people when they are in noisy areas simply turn up the volume to potentially unsafe levels, but this is not required on the Soho headphones. 

Overall

Although the noise cancelling box on the Soho’s is a bit heavy they are superior headphones to the Beats.  The sound quality is better, the fit is superior and although there is not as much hype around them the Soho headphones are definitely worth a look this Holiday season and beyond, they are great!

#sprintemployee            

0 Comments

The other night my teenage son came home and asked if he could go to a local event called Muck Fest at the park with his friends – after finding out what Muck Fest was I was all for it.  Muck Fest is an event put on by YoungLife which is a Christian youth organization where high school kids are invited to listen to music and then basically go crazy with water, shaving cream and potentially mud or anything else.  It’s a chance to unwind with friends – but what teenager wants to hang out with their friends without taking some selfies?? 

I gave my son my Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport and told him to take it with him to take pictures knowing that the phone could stand up to the dirt, grime and whatever punishment they could inflict on it.  I also knew that I could just wash the phone off when they got home!  That’s right, the device is dust and water resistant up to 1 meter.  To prove it, here are a few of the pictures taken with the phone – some of them are a bit blurry as there is a lot of stuff in the air and a lot on the phone…..

20140910_193927.jpg

20140910_193929.jpg

20140910_193933.jpg

20140910_193942.jpg

20140910_194828.jpg

*pictures all taken on Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport

Know anyone that likes to go to music festivals, or outdoor parties often – if so, this is a really cool feature! 

Happy Connecting – Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

The new Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport has a pretty cool feature on it for a smart phone – it’s dust and water resistant.  This debuted with the original Samsung Galaxy S5 and was included in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport as well since it was so popular.  While I wouldn’t personally shower with it or place it in the pool or toilet on purpose, there are actually a lot of videos posted on YouTube of people already testing this feature out.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/13/samsung-galaxy-s5-water-test-dont-try-this-with-your-iphone/

This feature has been on some “rugged” phones before that are more bulky or boxy looking but this is really a first for top of the line smart phone and Samsung has it right. There is a small cover for the charging port that you can use your fingernail to open.  The phone will pop up a reminder that after charging you need to ensure the door is closed (you can turn this off by checking the box to not see the message again).  It has a plastic piece in it as well that stretches to allow you to easily move the door out of the way to charge or plug into a USB port.

Sport 5 Port Door.jpg

Sport 5 Port Door 2.jpg

The device is dust and water resistant up to 1 meter.  It has the highest rating of protection when it comes to dust possible!  As for water there is a 8 point scale with the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport being rated a 7 (protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m).  The highest level on the scale is protected against the effect of immersion up to 1m. Again, I’m not purposefully throwing it in the pool but it is good to know if it gets wet it won’t be damaged.

Know anyone that’s clumsy or ever had to replace a phone due to water damage – if so, this is a really cool feature!  Anyone actually tried this with their phone?

0 Comments

When the Samsung Galax S5 device was launched HD Voice was also being released to the market and man, can you hear the difference!  One of the many benefits of HD Voice is that it isolates background noise so that it can be reduced if not completely removed.  If you’ve ever made call in the car or a busy restaurant, you know that it’s hard to hear the person on the other end and very hard for them to hear you. If you’re calling another Sprint phone that is HD Voice capable, you will notice the logo below in the top left of your notification bar – and you will hear the clarity!

HD image.jpg

*picture from faster.sprint.com

The technology behind HD Voice expands the octave range of your voice when you call another HD Voice-capable handset. This creates a fuller, more natural-sounding voice for you and the other person on the call. When you first hear it you instantly know the difference and it almost made me wonder if something was wrong the first time I heard it.  The easiest way I can think to explain the difference in regular calls and HD Voice calls is the difference in looking at an old “tube” television and looking at a beautiful flat screen LCD TV next to each other – the technical specs don’t do justice to the difference, you will just know how much better one is to the other. This is the difference in making HD Voice and non HD Voice calls. 

Anyone else try not to call non Sprint numbers now?  Talking without HD Voice almost seems like watching an old TV, it’s just not the same!