cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing Very Poor Sprint Spark speeds in Cincinnati on iPhone 6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Experiencing Very Poor Sprint Spark speeds in Cincinnati on iPhone 6

I just switched from AT&T to Sprint and upgraded from an iPhone 5s to the iPhone 6. I live in an area that supposedly is right near a Sprint Spark tower. However, after making sure my phone was updated to 8.0.2 and had the latest carrier settings (17.1) I did a speed test at speedtest.net and am seeing very poor speeds. Below are the results of the speed test. My cross streets are Paxton and Wasson in Cincinnati. This is really bad. I was told that I was right near a Sprint Spark tower and that I should be getting LTE speeds. With AT&T I get over 6Mbps up and down on my 5s.

IMG_3607.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Experiencing Very Poor Sprint Spark speeds in Cincinnati on iPhone 6

sevi38,

I appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution for this matter. I carefully reviewed the coverage in your area and I pin pointed your tower so that our network team is aware of your specific location. We will continue to monitor this area and address any issues as they arise.

- Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you, should I be receiving Spark in my location per the coverage map? Where is the closest Spark tower located to me?

Master

Sevi38 – After reviewing the area I see there is a tower with 2.5GHz (Spark) upgrades completed with in a mile of your location. This upgrade was just recently completed and can take up to 30 to calibrate and get to optimally working. –AJ Sprint Social Care

Run away before you are stuck after the supposedly 30 days that this sprint rep is telling you to wait. That speed is pretty much as good as you can get it they say the upgrade is complete.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.