cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Spark Worth It?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Spark Worth It?

Does anyone have a Spark enabled device in a Spark market ? My contract is up and don't know if I should buy a spark device here in Houston or switch carriers. My LTE has turned to crap in the past few months and am really intrigued by T-Mobile. I like having unlimited data but what's the point if I can't access it when I want? 

52 REPLIES 52
Journeyman

Re: Is Spark Worth It?

Houston Texas is already launched "spark" but they have not pushed the OTA update yet for the lg g2. It's been released but I still haven't received the OTA update yet. It's been pushed out since January 27th

Sprint just sucks, I say go to another carrier if you can

Journeyman

I had read that spark was live in Houston but everywhere I check nobody has been able to post anything about spark good or bad. I'm leaning towards leaving, for all the hype about this new service it seems that can access it

Journeyman

I have a friend who did get the OTA update and his speeds are crazy fast. He and I have the same phone but I have not gotten the update.

Some people here have even gone as far as rooting their phones just to activate the spark radios and have said that they have super fast data speed now.

Journeyman

How about actual coverage? Having high speeds is great butI'm more concerned with a constant 2-3mbps down.

Wizard

38Mbps down on LG Flex.

am using unlimited data on a Netgear Zing hotspot as well...will report back when I use Spark.

Journeyman

Yeah coverage is also something i'm interested to see spark address, I just want some feed back on the whole spark initiative

Journeyman

Thanx any feed back would be welcomed

Master

Guanaco24,

Thanks for posting your comment on our Community page. At this time customers who are in a Spark market will have the advantage of utilizing our 2.5 Mhz for the faster data speeds and also utilize our current 1.9 Mhz spectrum in non-Spark areas. We will also be adding our 800 Mhz, which will help to increase coverage and capacity, so our new Spark devices will be able to utilize any of the three frequency's that is most appropriate.

If you're on the fence about getting a Sprint Spark device and are currently eligible for an upgrade, you do have a 14 day trial period to test out the phone in areas where you would use the phone most. All current Spark phones at the time of purchase except the Nexus 5 are Spark enabled.

For additional details please visit: Faster : Sprint Innovation Hub

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Master

Guanaco24,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Spark is a whole new level of speeds that I truly believe you'll be very happy with. Let me know your zip code and cross streets so I can check out the Spark capable towers near you and let you know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Master

Guanaco24,

Thanks for the post. We can look into your area for you. Usually if your area has LTE , Spark will be close to follow.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Master

goosley,

Thank you for posting. Spark coverage will actually offer a more consistent connection. With Spark being a Tri-band  Spectrum (1.9 GHz, 2.5Ghz and 800Mhz) It will keep you connected to the best signal available offering the best speeds. Spark will set the standard for future networks to follow. It is already showing good reports in the cities we have gone live and are adding more and more cities as we near 4G LTE install nationwide.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.