cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Spark Worth It?

Journeyman

Re: Is Spark Worth It?

Stop lying. Even in fully upgraded areas (as I experienced just today in Orange County and LA, CA), Spark devices will prefer the 3G tower, so they can get voice calls. Until you actually get Enhanced Circuit Switched Fallback (eCSFB) deployed, which there is no timeline for, Spark and tri-band devices are less useful than legacy 4G ones.

Sprint’s tri-band LTE phones to offer crippled service for the forseeable future | Android...

Journeyman

You missed a big one: No simultaneous voice and Data. That is a deal killer for just about anyone who uses a hotspot.

Master

SecureGuys,

I see that you posted a few times about the current selection of devices that don't have simultaneous voice and data usage.  This functionality is capable on our network but is limited to only devices which have the hardware capability to perform.  Were you advised otherwise on your device's capability?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Master

SecureGuys,

Thanks for your feedback. We understand your concerns. I have submitted this question to our network team to investigate. If there is a fix released for this issue, it will be announced via www.sprint.com/newsroom . I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

On Long Island, NY I average 0.2 mgps down on 3g on my Sprint Spark capable LG G2. Let's see, 1X - 3G - 4G - 4G LTE - Sprint Spark. Yet I still have 3G. I'm switching to T-Mobile this week and I'm so happy to finally be leaving this terribly slow internet.  If that wasn't bad enough half the time I don't even get service.  Considering I live in such a popular area it would make sense to at least have 4G at this point. It's honestly really frusturating and Sprint speeds on average even on LTE and Spark are much slower than other competitors. For example, T-Mobile's new LTE network in Dallas and North Dakota (I think these are the places) average above 100 down with peaks of 120ish.  That's pretty amazing.  On Long Island we average about 20-40 down on T Mo with peaks of 50 from what I've heard.

Master

AMY010605244, I know it's been a long long wait for LTE in many parts of the country. Looking in on Long Island, I can see where we've gotten a lot done and I'm more than happy to look into our progress in your particular area if you'd be willing to have me look at cross streets. I'd know offers from competitors can be tempting, but would encourage you to make sure you read the fine print as I truly believe we have the best deals in wireless and will have the best network when we're through. I'd hate to see you have made it through the rough part and miss out on the good stuff we have coming.

Thanks,
*Christy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

David, I was not advised that my new S4 would NOT have the simultaneous voice and data capability that my old SII did, just as I was not advised that my unlimited hotspot was replaced by a 2GB one when I swapped the devices.

The lack of simultaneous voice and data is for ANY Spark (your highest end) device. This is a massive FAIL.

Sprint’s tri-band LTE phones to offer crippled service for the forseeable future | Android...

Master

SecureGuys

We apologize for not providing you with the details of your new device. We do believe that Spark will be beneficial to our customers.

Omar
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for someone posting the TRUTH about Sprint's awful service.  I recently upgraded to a LG G2 and experienced the EXACT SAME THING as SecureGuys.  It rarely used the 4G LTE network (in Los Angeles) -- instead it was mostly on the 3G network.  This is only one of MANY REASONS I eventually decided to reverse the upgrade so I can leave Sprint when my contract expires in less than two months.  If I'm going to invest in the latest technology, it should actually be WORTH the investment.  Sprint doesn't grasp that concept, and so they're doing everything them can (as in their latest Framily Plan) to get as many people to sign up with them...before everyone realizes what awful service they provide and how lacking their 4G LTE network truly is.

Journeyman

I live in the Dallas area and I've had my phone about a month. I love the spark service. It's very quick but the only issue is that if you're far away from a tower it will drop down to 3g. Somebody else brought it up but no you can't be on a voice call and have a data connection whereas my old s3 could. If I'm on a call then that's all I'm focused on anyway so it's only a slight inconvenience.

GrandMaster

you should be able to browse while on a phone call...but not while on 3G..4G only or wifi

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

actually you should be able to over 3G LTE as well..just not the normal 3G

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.