Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide a status update as to when Spark with be working on the iPhone 6

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Please provide a status update as to when Spark with be working on the iPhone 6

It is clear from all of the posts here and from my own testing in areas in northern NJ and NYC, that are supposed to be completely covered in Spark, that Spark is not working on the iPhone 6 and 6+.  I get standard LTE speeds and nothing more. Can you please provide an update as to when this issue will be resolved?  Spark on the new iPhone was the main reason i ported over to Sprint and need to know if I should just be porting back to Verizon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Please provide a status update as to when Spark with be working on the iPhone 6

trivea,

There are tower upgrades being done in the area which include Spark upgrades. We are also working with Apple to get a software update fix for the iPhone 6 issues. Unfortunately, there is not a given time for when it will be fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Please provide a status update as to when Spark with be working on the iPhone 6

Wait until the 14 day return period is over, they will surely tells you the fix is coming, the fix is coming.

Highlighted
Master

trivea, Thank you for reaching out to us. We're greatly sorry for the issues you are currently facing. Let us assist you today. Please provide the two cross streets and zip code so we can further assist you. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I ported from AT&T and not once have I had Spark on my 6 plus even well within the "Turbo" coverage areas. As soon as I can find a 6 plus available on either AT&T or Verizon im porting back out. Oh and did I mention my initial port in took 12 hours?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the help, Beatrice.  I have a iPhone 6+. The zip is 07030 and I have tested on Grand St. b/w 7th and 8th streets, which according to the coverage map has Sprint Spark Turbo coverage.  But before you proceed to check on the particular tower for that area, let me tell you that I have conducted at least a dozen speed tests within about a 10 mile area of this location and none of them have provided Spark speeds.  And all of those areas in Northern NJ or Manhattan, NYC are, also according to the coverage map, in Spark Turbo or Best areas.  I have never gotten more than standard LTE speeds in the 4 or 5 Mbps range.  Furthermore, dialing *3001#12345#* has revealed that I am never connected to band 41.  It has always been band 25 or 26.

At this point can someone at least please acknowledge that Spark is not working on the iPhone 6 or 6+.  I would like to hear that you know that this is a widespread problem and that you are working on a fix for it.  It is not isolated to any particular tower.  For some reason, the new iPhone is simply not connecting to band 41 at all, anywhere.

Please let us all know when you plan to have this issue fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, just FYI, updating iOS to 8.0.2 has not made any difference in being able to connect to Spark.

Highlighted
Master

JEFFREYGAL,

Please allow me to take a look at your area and check the status of Sprint Spark in the area. Can I please begin with some cross streets and a zip?

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

trivea,

There are tower upgrades being done in the area which include Spark upgrades. We are also working with Apple to get a software update fix for the iPhone 6 issues. Unfortunately, there is not a given time for when it will be fixed. I apologize for any inconvenience.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I asked the same question last week. Please provide tha time frame when spark will be completed and not the answer we are working on it. I also gave 2 addresses ocean ave and ave p zip code 11210 and east 42nd str and avenue 2 zipcode 10017. Do these addresses have sparkor not. If not when should we expect. I have lg g3.plase answer the question. Thanks

Highlighted
Master

Annushka1985 - Thank you for reaching out to us. Based on the zip codes provided, both locations have Spark Coverage. You can view this information by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/1kLIEzC and clicking on the Data tab. Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. - Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.