cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Spark capacity...

Journeyman

Question about Spark capacity...

Hey Sprint -

I have a question about the Spark service that is rolling out.  I know that the LTE/Network Vision upgrades are rolling out in the Cincinnati area and that one of the biggest "fixes" is network capacity.  Especially recently, you got very little data and almost could not so much as send a text message under the "old" network.  I'm happy to report that the areas that have had the upgrade have had a marked improvement.  Texting and calling has not been an issue.

Now, my question: In the 45040 area there is an amusement park.  This is a large park that doesn't uncommonly draw 30-50k people.  Last year if the park was at all busy you would have the issues listed above.  Now the tower has been upgraded.  Like I mentioned, texts and calls are no longer an issue but I was there today and the data seemed really slow.  I tested it at a peak time and got about 1.0mbps down... slow for LTE, but not unusable.   I know that you are rolling out your triband Sprint Spark service over time, and I was wondering how the network traffic affects Spark.  When it eventually rolls out to that zip code, will I still get faster speeds if the network is busy?

Since I know you're going to mention it, yes - I have a Spark-compatible phone. 

Thanks in advance for your response. 

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Question about Spark capacity...

Ryan that used to work at sprint in Lima?

Anyway, while they upgrade yes it going to affect the towers upgrading. You will experience delays, where I live in Celina ohio, which is way smaller than kings island, I turned on my tablet (mind you I'm a verizon cell phone customer), my cell tablet is sprint, I turned it on, and my speeds on my tablet blew away verizon! I was up to like 22 up and 25 down...

Master

BoddaH1,

Yes, the network upgrades will help assist with the data issues near Mason 45040. There are multiple towers within the area that will be providing new and improved service. The issue you just experienced with your connection, has been reported to the network team to make sure we get this issue corrected ASAP.

Sprint Social Care Team,
JaSherai
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any info on the spark technology in PUERTO RICO......

Master

elkaku12 Please provide the nearest city and zip code so that I can look further into that. Mitzie Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.