cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spark

I have a Nexus 5 and I understand that the phone supports the spark bands. I also commute to NYC quite often and was wondering if the nexus 5 s not been added yet to use spark yet or if the area in NYC that I am in doest have coverage. Which areas in NYC do have coverage for spark?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Spark

Great question Omeg. You can view the New York, NY Sprint Spark Coverage here

Nexus 5 is not yet enabled for Spark. It's coming

Enjoy the Spark in your life when you get it!

Master

@omeg12121293, 

Thanks for posting on our community forums, you can check if Spark services are available in an area by visiting our coverage map > www.sprint.com/coverage At the moment the Nexus 5 won't be able to pick up Spark, we will be rolling out a software update to the handset to allow it to pick up the service. You can expect this software update in early 2014. 

Eduardo C
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

if you bought the phone from google they released a update that supports the spark tri band network but if you got it from sprint you won't receive that update yet i have a nexus 5 but i bought it from google not through sprint and im in los angeles and have full spark use and get speeds well above 50mb per second in downloads trust me its WELL WORTH THE WAIT.

Journeyman

You DO NOT want a Spark Network Device! You can NOT multitask! No simultaneous call ad data. Meaning you can not be on the phone call at the same time as you are on the internet. You can NOT use Gps at the same time as you are on a phone call. This is a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT for many!

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F164630

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.