Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

Sprint Spark is better than a unicorn, and I'm going to explain how.

Sprint Spark is real, and in many cities and states. Also the network coverage is growing and getting stronger with it... it's really exciting. You can check your data coverage here: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp

In Kansas City MO, around Broadway/31st, I was showing Spark off to a friend. It was a blast. It just blew him away how fast it was. I ran some speed tests. (pictured below)

The speeds were so fast I was able to download some GB size gaming apps in just a few seconds. Once his contract is up with his current carrier... we're going to have another Framily member.

Plus Spark isn't just a "one trick pony". Not only does it allow for incredible speeds, it also provides much greater coverage, and capacity. (Much better than a unicorn.)

Spark Speeds.png

Thanks for checking out my post!

-Vince

( The device I was using is the HTC One Max.)

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #ProudSprintEmployee"

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

All they are doing is converting old WiMax sites to 4G and they arnt even upgrading the back haul. that have only added a few new sites for sprint spark in a few cities and buildouts of these sites will be completely depandent on if they can even get a fast enough internet connection to the site. so dont expect this anywhere.

Also spark is a bogus name. dont fall for it. it just means you are connected to the old WiMax towers and while speeds are like 50Mbps on some of them most are actually in the 15Mbps range download and like 2Mbps upload.

I really hate the "spark" name its so stupid. i hope they fire whoever though it was a "SUPER GREAT" idea because in the end its still just a 4G technology.

Master

Re: Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

thelasthallow,

We appreciate your feedback, but you are a bit mistaken. Backhaul is a large component of our Network Vision upgrades. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

*Julian
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Product Ambassadors: Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

Try being on a call and looking something up online using the Spark system. You can't! Spark doesn't allow it. Yes you get better speeds but there are many times I need to access online content while on a call . No can do anymore.

Master

Re: Sprint Product Ambassadors: Sprint Spark - better than a unicorn

Chucktat2,

I definitely understand the frustration. If you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, you are still able to talk and surf. Spark phones are designed to get the best and fastest data speeds possible, so it does sacrifice the talk/surf availability. We are working on network enhancements to allow simultaneous voice and data for Spark phones in the future. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.