cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Sprint data speeds on Long Island are terrible!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sprint data speeds on Long Island are terrible!

I get .35 mbps of data. It takes about 2-3 minutes to load google. I'm basically paying for no reason. Sprint is only unlimited data because you can barely use it.

I might just go to AT&T. The only time when the sprint actually works is in New York City, which is like 30  miles away from me.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: The Sprint data speeds on Long Island are terrible!

Briafyan1,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you're getting unfavorable speed results. Mind sharing with us where you're located so that we may pin point your nearest tower performance? Simply provide us your zip code and nearest cross streets and we'll investigate this matter further.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

My Cross streets are Maxwell Drive and Hunters lane.

Master

Briafyan1,

Thanks for the information. The most local tower to you, off Peconic, is currently having upgrades applied to it to bolster the speeds you're seeing. While these upgrades are going on, there may be intermittent service issues. With that said, technicians are working to complete them quickly and resolve any issues quickly as well. Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The speeds have been like this for over a year. Every time i call sprint they say the same exact thing "Towers are getting upgrades" and they never tell me. They only say "In the coming months". I've been told that since 2012. It's been over 2 years and those "few months" never happened.

Journeyman

Can you let me know what stage towers in the 10803 area code are at?

Master

goosley,

Thanks for your post. Most of our 1900 MHz LTE data upgrades are done, we are finalizing 3G voice and data service on most towers in the next 3-6 months and also the rest LTE 1900 MHz. What are your cross streets in the zip?

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Master

Briafyan1,

Thanks for posting. We'd love to give an exact date these upgrades will be completed however, doing so will set an expectation that we cannot 100% guarantee. Rest assured upgrades are nearing completion and we genuinely appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.