cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absurd password restrictions

Journeyman

What is with the absurd password restrictions enforced when creating ones sprint.com account? It requires ONE and will ONLY allow one uppercase symbol, and ONE and ONLY one numeral. Are you trying to make the passwords LESS secure by limiting the number of digits one may use in the password?

11 REPLIES
Journeyman

nothing?

Your Password on your sprint account can be up to 33 Characters long and may include these symbols _-.

Journeyman

That may be correct, but it also will ONLY allow ONE number to be in the password. Furthermore, what advantage is there in RESTRICTING what characters one may use? If I wish to use an apostrophe or an ampersand, why not let me?

Re: Absurd password restrictions

Where does it say that you can only use 1 number in your password for your sprint account?Because mysprint password Contains more then 1 number.

Journeyman

Well, for example because of these restrictions I attempted to use (not actually, but same format) the password "Zoinks666" and was told "Please pick a different password. For security reasons, your password should be 6-33 characters and not match your username." but if I shortened it to "Zoinks6" it accepted it fine.

Master

I tried to set my password to Zoinks666 and I got the same message.  It wouldn't let me do it.  I don't know why that password is off limits...I do apologize for the inconvenience.  I don't believe this is evidence of some kind of fundamental security flaw with this website.  If you have any more issues please bring them to the attention of any Sprint agent or an admin and we'll be happy to try our best to get it fixed.

Thanks

-John

Wizard

The problem is that if you have more than 2 consecutive numbers, or letters the password is considered unacceptable because it is too weak.this rule applies to any acceptable characters for passwords at sprint.com whether they are letters, numbers, or symbols.

Journeyman

Here are few of my old passwords that i used for mysprint account.

0Dr10w3lgtWratOdDZ5K

WIZ1DNl7a2DCucfktbWKJOjTBNzRpI3jF

0x0fSHblQjz6z4_Lbf019-co0fq2.RIQT

I use roboform to Manage all my passwords and also to Generate any new passwords.These are only my old passwords that you see up there.