cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Sprint.com

Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

I ended up using http://m.sprint.com to bypass the front page. Less than ideal, but it seems to work.

Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

im getting the same garbage!!! im so sick of sprint right now an their service center sucks!! also my blackberry curve data connections took a crap an cant connect to internet browser or anything to do with data on my phone and all the store could do is get me the same phone replacement with my insurance!! so sick of their service right now and their lies bout what is really happening with their services!!!

Journeyman

Re: Access to Sprint.com

The page appears to be being hijacked to IPs in the Class B 208.91.x.x IP range. 

I got around the problem by putting a rule in my router to block the 208.91.x.x, Class B range of IPs.

When I disable the rule, the problem comes back, so I am pretty sure this is a decent temporary work around.

When the problem clears up (or someone in my house needs to access one of those 65,000 IPs) I will remove the rule.

For now, this appears to have fixed it..

Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

I called Sprint to report this issue.  I talked to TWO different people.  The second technician ACTUALLY LAUGHED AT ME and told me that I have a virus.  I told him I tried on two different computers.  He just kept chuckling at me and said, in a VERY condescending tone, "Well thank you for letting us know, sir" and then hung up.

I'm a computer technician by trade, so I was more than a little insulted.

All I can say is good.  I hope Sprint loses a lot of business over this.  I've done my part to try and help/warn them and I was treated fairly rudely for it.

Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

I too was getting INQ page when I used my bookmark which was working properly earlier today. I was finally able to load the page with http://mysprint.sprint.com/mysprint/pages/sl/global/login.jsp

First time I called Sprint they said it was my PC. I investigated further and decided it wasn't. Second time I called I pointed out the few hundred people that had already viewed this thread and they agreed it was a problem on their website for so many people to be experiencing it.

Although I was finally able to load the page, some functions aren't working correctly. For one, the call log won't open. This is definitely on their end.

Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

ZachSka871 wrote:

I called Sprint to report this issue.  I talked to TWO different people.  The second technician ACTUALLY LAUGHED AT ME and told me that I have a virus.  I told him I tried on two different computers.  He just kept chuckling at me and said, in a VERY condescending tone, "Well thank you for letting us know, sir" and then hung up.

I'm a computer technician by trade, so I was more than a little insulted.

All I can say is good.  I hope Sprint loses a lot of business over this.  I've done my part to try and help/warn them and I was treated fairly rudely for it.

I agree with you, I'm fairly certain this isn't a virus.  It isn't affecting any other pages (and I have tried a lot of them).  I suspect it is a DNS issue.  In the packet sniffing log, I can see DNS requests go out over the network for sites with names like AKA DNS something that come back with IPs in the 208.91.x.x range (the same range as the final pages that the site is redirected to).

And on top of that, a couple of my machines use completely different DNS servers, and they aren't having a problem.

There is always a slim chance it could be a virus, but if it is, it is really well hidden, and currently only targeting the Sprint.com site...

Journeyman

Re: Access to Sprint.com

couple things.

1) they have been exploited (assuming someone didn't fubar dns).  The main landing page throws you over to inq.com.  This most likely means something in their landing page has been comprised.  I see during page load a call to sprint.inq.com. 

2) My machine does not have a virus.  Case in point, I was able to get to my account by avoiding the landing page.

a) google sprint.com website hacked and you'll see this thread

b) click on the login button on the right

c) type in mysprint.sprint.com

3) wahlaa - i'm in my account.

This site appears to be served globally by an end to end content provider / accelerator so either the source (sprint) or the vendor is compromised. We could be landing on a load balanced server that has the problem.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Access to Sprint.com

Official Statement: We're looking into these reports will all speed and seriousness.  We will report any findings. 

You are correct - to view your account, visit

https://mysprint.sprint.com/mysprint/pages/sl/global/index.jsp

and ensure the security identifies itself as Sprint.com:

2012-01-14_2101.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

HELLO Sprint technical assistance.

Me too. I may not access the website without a script error sending me off to inq.com.

The work around I found was to google sprint problems and enter through another portal on the site, like this "community." discussion.

Journeyman

Access to Sprint.com

Finally taking what we say serious --- about time!!!  It is more than frustrating to call in and be treated like you have no clue about technology.  You should be thanking us for taking the time to report the problem to you. 

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.