cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change phone "nickname"

Journeyman

Cannot change phone "nickname"

I'm not sure how it happened, but my phone nicknames came up with extra stuff in them that I did not enter when I signed up for sprint and they asked me to name my phones.

I went to change them today, and when I click the name it switches to an input box as expected, but "saving" the name does not work. I have tried this in both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, and I saw another post that said they used Firefox but it was archived (obviously without a proper resolution) so I am starting a new discussion.

When I look at the script console in Google Chrome as I click "save", it throws a 403 forbidden error, so this means that the AJAX call is not able to bring up whatever page it is that processes the name change and sends back a confirmation.

As a side note, hitting "enter" in IE also throws an error, but instead of triggering the AJAX call as expected, I am taken to a blank page that says

{validated: true, responseMessage:"Nickname saved sucessfully"}

But then the nickname has not changed.

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Cannot change phone "nickname"

Oh hey, it seems to have been the apostrophe. You'd think there'd be a little javascript to just not allow one of those to be typed in at all.  And it needs to be there when you first get a new phone, because that is when I put it in.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.