cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing device features in the new store

Journeyman

Selecting a phone can be a big decision, especially with so many cool new devices coming out. One great improvement with the new store is how we help you pick the right device.

The new "Excellent for / OK for" icons

From your first view of phones, we show you short list of features for each one: things the phone does really well, and things it just does OK. Why? Because you probably have two or three things that are super-important to you, but there's other stuff you want it to do too. You also might be weighing the capabilities of your new phone vs. how much it costs.

Here's a good example. I've circled the LG Remarq below. When you hover over the camera icon, we explain that the Remarq does have a camera but it's comparatively low-resolution.

(Click the image to expand it.)

Excellent for / OK for screen shot

My dad would be totally cool with a 1.3 megapixel camera, but my son would hold out for something at least 5.0 megapixels. On the other hand, my dad wants the smallest phone he can get, while my son doesn't mind carrying around a 4.3" EVO.

This helps you figure out the pros and cons when you're deciding between those last couple of devices, or when you rely on GPS and have to have a device that does that really well.

More information on joining the beta!

Hope that helps all you device shoppers out there. Look for more posts here soon!