cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't remove my credit card information for my online account

42 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: I can't remove my credit card information for my online account

Better idea, call your credit card company, explain what happened and request a cancellation of that number and issue you a new number. I had to do this when I could not stop the shipping of items from well known music company.

Journeyman

Here's how I solved this issue. I went to the Verizon store nearest to me and transferred my service over to them. Quick and painless. They even let you delete your payment information!

Journeyman

Hi MissMeHuh,

Thank you for the feedback on this issue; very much appreciated. After reviewing the experience your suggestion makes perfect sense. We will look to add a message that the card information will be displayed for future use in an upcoming release.

Journeyman

Larry, thank you for the repy and understanding.  I think you are not fully understanding my question.  Your responses focus on security after-the-fact.  Whereas my question is about transparency.  Currently, Sprint sites offer no notice or disclosure to credit card users that once submitted, their card information is retained.  For example, see, http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Make_a_onetime_payment_on_sprintcom/case-cx832318-20100408... .

Sprint lets checking/savings account users know up-front that their information is going to be retained:

"Note: Once a checking or savings account has been added to your sprint.com profile, it will stay there until you choose to remove it."

Yet, no such warning is made to credit card users.  So my question is simple," Is it possible to include a warning statement on the website's bill pay section that forewarns those attempting one-time credit card payments that their numbers will be automatically retained (and what steps to follow for removal)?"  Seems to me  a simple pop-up notice would suffice.  This should be easy enough to accomplish, no?

Master

It is unfortunate that when the system was chosen they made decision based on security concerns. Since that was done years ago I agree they should have updated the option to remove but they haven't done so yet. The program that stores this info has limited access along the thought process that changes need to be limited. This is the way the software was when initiated.  We have made numerous requests that they change the software and allow account owners to remove/change the saved payment methods. To date they have not done so. When there is limited access to a program or capability it is done for customers security in mind. If this particular process allows a sign up online  it obviously should allow a removal or change online also. The process owners know this is a needed revision to the program. Again, it is common sense and what you expect should be available. At this time it just isn't.

Larry

Journeyman

Can anyone address my last post?

Journeyman

I am aslo switching my carrier when my contract is up. It's just one thing after another with Sprint. It's not that hard to implement a simple option for consumers to either select "Not remember this payment information" or even have an option to "Delete" their information ONLINE! You shouldn't have to use your very phone that you are paying for to edit your payment options! It's just ridiculous. That's why this company is going downhill very fast. And no, the iPhone is not saving Sprint, it's actually adding the cause of death. And you wonder why Sprint's stock is almost non-existent!

Journeyman

I don't understand your response, "Customer privacy and security is the reason."  . . . reason for what?  Is it possible to include a warning statement on the website's bill pay section that forewarns those attempting one-time creit card payments that their numbers will be automatically retained (and what steps to follow for removal)?

Master

Customer privacy and security is the reason. The program that stores the credit card information has very limited access. I have access to a number of tools that others may not, however I do not have access to the program as it is not needed in my daily work functions. Also, the FCC is concerned about any breach of a customers private information including credit card,mailling address and/or residential  address information. The address not the bill is the main area of CPNI information but that is stored with the card information.

Larry

Journeyman

Larry,

Forgive me, but this your CPNI answer is hogwash.  First, Sprint stores this data without being requested too.  If you want to make a one time payment, Sprint will capture this info, even if you don't want them to.  So, if you wanted to use various accts, Sprint would kidnap all that data. 

Second,  the "very strict CPNI monitored by the FCC", is defined as "The official  statutory definition of CPNI is "(A) information that relates to the  quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and  amount of use of a telecommunications service subscribed to by any  customer of a telecommunications carrier, and that is made available to  the carrier by the customer solely by virtue of the carrier-customer  relationship; and (B) information contained in the bills pertaining to  telephone exchange service or telephone toll service received by a  customer of a carrier;..." 

That is from Sprint website.  I also checked the 3 other mobile phone companies and the FCC site, and not one mentions credit card data.  the FCC (communications) is not concerned about billing. 

The CPNI is why you ask for our Pin number, etc to identify us on a phone call.  Also why we have to sign in to see this same information.  Once we are verified, we should have FULL access to our accounts.  I have used both Verizon and AT&T and not once was I forced to store my CC detail on their website.  Once you verify my identity, it should be simple to remove that info

Sprint either has a poorly designed system that doesn't allow it, or Sprint want this information for some other reason.  Both make me very wary of Sprint.