cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't remove my credit card information for my online account

Journeyman

Hi,

A few days ago my wallet was stolen and I called into Sprint.   I went from a Customer Service Rep to the Credit Department where I was told that I had to log online and self remove the card myself.  I've spent the last day on again off again trying to find how to remove the card, but there is no way to remove it.  The card has been deactivated and a new one is one the way, problem my Sprint bill is due tomorrow, and if they try to auto charge my card, it won't charge.  I don't want it counted agenst me for non pay with a bad card.  I guess I'm not understanding why I can't remove the card myself like the woman in the credit department stated.   I'm very frustrated.

-Indigo

42 REPLIES
Master

At this time you can't delete it online. You have to call billing support and have them manually remove the info (*3 from your sprint phone.)  This issue is ongoing and needs to be resolved. When they verify your account they will need the last 4 digits of the card you want removed.  A direct number is 800-808-1336. I apologize for the lack of functionality on this issue.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Thank you!   I think that an inter office email needs to go out stating this.  It was one of your agents that told me I could manually do it myself.

Journeyman

I'm on the phone now being given the run around.  The very nice customer service rep walked me threw the same steps I've done for the past two days. There is no option to remove, as you've said. And he seems baffled.   I'm about ready to just cancel my phone service take the 200.00 hit and be done with all of this.

Master

Re: I can't remove my credit card information for my online account

It has to be financial services rep to do this - regular customer care or tech support do not have the system access to do this.  I am advanced technical support - mobile broadband and have everything except financial profile so I cant so this or I would.

Larry

If you want - reply to my private message and I can get someone to do this for you.

Journeyman

That is a pretty serious bug in the online application.

Or is it a "feature" so people have to call in and talk to a rep, so they can sold something? 

Either way, I also have a card I want removed, and I don't care to deal with the reps on the phone. Is this a bug that is going to be addressed anytime in the near future?

Thanks,

Nevanna

Journeyman

its not a bug, it's a business.  Sprint probably wants to know why you dont want to have a card on here to pay your bill?  just call them, they wont tell you no and if you tell them your in a big hurry they will probably make it quick and painless. *2

Journeyman

after 2 phone calls, Sprint told me they retain this for my convience.  I would rather be inconvienced and know where my credit card data is!

Please follow OKIESTRO's process and speak with "billing support." He lays it out for you. If you can't get through to billing support then private message OKIESTRO so he can get someone involved. He says he is not able to do it directly as he does not have that access. Every company will have some customer service reps that like to make up info (not just Sprint). I don't like this either and as OKIESTRO stated, this issue needs to get resolved ( I don't believe it is part of Sprint's grand plan to know why you want it removed). Maybe you should email Dan Hesse (Daniel.R.Hesse@sprint.com) and explain why this issue should be resolved and the fact that Customer Service Representatives apparently don't know that it does not work/and what you have been told about keeping it for "your" convenience.

Journeyman

This is totally ridiculous. As a consumer it should be our right to add and delete credit cards at our convenience. I just closed out my bank account and I almost paid my bill with the wrong account out of habit, go to delete it and find out I can't and have to call someone. Horrible customer service, looks like I'm dialing *2 now...grrr...