cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?

Journeyman

I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?

How/Can i do this? I lost my phone yesterday and this morning tracked it to a random place in south san francisco, where i do not live. So i suspended the account so no one would charge a whole bunch of stuff to it. Now that very kind person returned my phone and now i want to reactivate it? I wanted to know if there was something i could do right now to reactivate my phone now that i have it back? Or should i just wait till its open hours and call a rep?

Thanks for any help in advance!!

2 REPLIES

Re: I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?

Well, first, I find it odd that your phone ends up someplace that you were never at, AND that some "kind" individual returns the handset to you.  My first suspicion is to ask (or at least find out) if the phone was already cloned.  If it was, then the phone is useless and you should eliminate it with a new handset.  Secondly, I would personally wait and call into customer service to let them know the situation and they will take you through whatever hoops they need to in order to allow you to reactivate your handset.

Hope that helps and I hope things work out either way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: I reported my phone lost and now want to reactivate?

Just saw this - did you get your phone reactivated?

In case you didn't yet, you would have to speak with a Sprint rep either on the phone or in the store. They will want to verify that you're the rightful owner (for your protection). Also, watch your bill like a hawk the first month or two to make sure no strange charges appear.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.