cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing credit card information from Sprint.com

Journeyman

Removing credit card information from Sprint.com

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I did a search and found nothing. Anyway. I recently switched banks. I want to remove the old debit card information from Sprints website in the bill pay area due to the fact that it is no good any longer. But I can't find a way to do it. I can add all the bank accounts I want to but they don't seem to have a way of removing any of them.

Any ideas? Thanks.

42 REPLIES
Master

Re: Removing credit card information from Sprint.com

Unfortunately there is no way, It is a known issue that was "Supposed" to be fixed by early 2009.

http://forums.buzzaboutwireless.com/baw/board/message?board.id=CustomerService&message.id=6342&query...

Journeyman

According to a poster by the name of "Vorles DarkChaos" in the linked thread, "Any CreditCards That Are On Your Sprint Account called [sic] not be used to make any payments without first putting in Security code when the payment is being made and Security code is behide the creditcard". That isn't completely true. The new card I used is through a credit union and Sprint's website didn't even ask me for the expiration date, let alone the 3 digit number on the back of the card.

Journeyman

After the credit/debit card has not been used for 90 days the card will automatically remove itself from your online profile. I do apologize however there is no way to manually remove this yourself. 

Journeyman

Thanks for the feedback on this one. I'm not sure why the capability to remove wasn't included for debit/credit cards when we built the site, as we do provide it for checking and savings accounts. The good news is we are looking into this and prioritizing it with future enhancements to the billing area.

Journeyman

Wow. what a priority.  more than 8 months ago and there is still no delete credit card info feature on sprints bill pay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

something else that you can do is call *3 from your srpint phone (finance dept from sprint)and ask the rep to open a "dispute"  to remove the CC info!!! hope this helps.

Journeyman

Well, it is may and Sprint has done a complete update of website but still NO delete credit/debit card capability. Also credit/debit card does not disappear after 90 days of not being used as reported. This issue has gone for years from orginal post. This post is going on a year. Customer service anyone?

Journeyman

This is a sad oversight by Sprint.  It should be illegal to store financial information without consent.

Message was edited by: iamnotholly

Journeyman

A Sprint representative needs to address this issue with a date when this will be taken care of. This is an example of customer service.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.