cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

Journeyman

Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

I can not use the "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences" link in my preferences. It just re-loads the my preferences page.

Firefox 16.0.2.

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

Thanks for posting!  I've reported the problem to our website team. 

Journeyman

Re: Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

I look forward to actually being able to opt-out of this new advertising platform...

Wizard

The site checks out clear using >Firefox 16.0.2.  Would you please clear your cache/cookies and try again?

Journeyman

I have done as asked but have not had success. Steps attempted:

• I cleared only sprint.com cookies.
    • Did not work.
  • I cleared all cookies.
    • Did not work.
  • I cleared all cookies and all cache.
    • Did not work.
  • Loaded site while running firebug to view errors.
    • Hard to see exactly what goes wrong because of script's minification, but it seems that there is an issue with flash or shockwave.
    • Error:
      • Error1.pngError1.png
    • Plugin Versions (firefox reported them as up-to-date):
      • Plugin Versions1.png
  • Tried page in Chrome
    • Works fine, realized at this point that none of the links in My Preferences work in firefox because the overlays do not show.
  • Uninstalled Flash Player, Shockwave, and Firefox.
  • Reinstalled all three.
    • Does not work.
    • Plugin Versions (again firefox reports them as up-to-date...wtf):
      • Plugin Versions2.png
  • I'm pretty much tired of debugging this. Because I can get to other site's flash and shockwave content in firefox I'm not sure where the problem lies.
  • I'm going to use chrome to opt-out of the advertising crud.

If you have something specific I could try, or if you want to unminify your scripts so I can get some breakpoints in there I'll try that. But I'm probalby not going to do much more myself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot use the option either with Firefox 16.0.2, Chrome 22.0.1229.94 and Safari 6.0.2. I keep getting the same pop up with the spinning wheel.

I really want to opt out of the free advertising on my phone with no compensation on our end like a cheaper rate.

Journeyman

A little off topic but from the email I got about this, it sounds like either way Sprint is going to start sending it's users ads. Am I reading this correctly?!?!

http://sprint.m.delivery.net/w/webView?cid=14882686344&mid=1832926713&pid=1222096&vid=1053&ee=amxicm...

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.