cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

Journeyman

Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

I can not use the "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences" link in my preferences. It just re-loads the my preferences page.

Firefox 16.0.2.

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

Thanks for posting!  I've reported the problem to our website team. 

Journeyman

Re: Site Bug: "Manage mobile advertising and reporting preferences " Circular Link

I look forward to actually being able to opt-out of this new advertising platform...

Wizard

The site checks out clear using >Firefox 16.0.2.  Would you please clear your cache/cookies and try again?

Journeyman

I have done as asked but have not had success. Steps attempted:

• I cleared only sprint.com cookies.
    • Did not work.
  • I cleared all cookies.
    • Did not work.
  • I cleared all cookies and all cache.
    • Did not work.
  • Loaded site while running firebug to view errors.
    • Hard to see exactly what goes wrong because of script's minification, but it seems that there is an issue with flash or shockwave.
    • Error:
      • Error1.pngError1.png
    • Plugin Versions (firefox reported them as up-to-date):
      • Plugin Versions1.png
  • Tried page in Chrome
    • Works fine, realized at this point that none of the links in My Preferences work in firefox because the overlays do not show.
  • Uninstalled Flash Player, Shockwave, and Firefox.
  • Reinstalled all three.
    • Does not work.
    • Plugin Versions (again firefox reports them as up-to-date...wtf):
      • Plugin Versions2.png
  • I'm pretty much tired of debugging this. Because I can get to other site's flash and shockwave content in firefox I'm not sure where the problem lies.
  • I'm going to use chrome to opt-out of the advertising crud.

If you have something specific I could try, or if you want to unminify your scripts so I can get some breakpoints in there I'll try that. But I'm probalby not going to do much more myself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot use the option either with Firefox 16.0.2, Chrome 22.0.1229.94 and Safari 6.0.2. I keep getting the same pop up with the spinning wheel.

I really want to opt out of the free advertising on my phone with no compensation on our end like a cheaper rate.

Journeyman

A little off topic but from the email I got about this, it sounds like either way Sprint is going to start sending it's users ads. Am I reading this correctly?!?!

http://sprint.m.delivery.net/w/webView?cid=14882686344&mid=1832926713&pid=1222096&vid=1053&ee=amxicm...

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.