cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate new phone

Journeyman

Re: activate new phone

Don't feel so bad. I went to the Sprint store to upgrade mine, then couldn't and still can't get my new phone upgraded, now I am sitting here without a phone at all.

Journeyman

At least our old phone works yet, our phones can't call each other cause there is something wrong with the towers.

Journeyman

we cannot even receive calls now either.  emails stopped working, texting not working, website is crap.

Journeyman

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME AT THIS MOMENT.  I'VE BEEN GUIDED TO THE SPRINT.COM/ACTIVATE LINK, YET THERE IS NO EASILY IDENTIFIABLE LINK THERE ONCE YOU DO.  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?  THIS IS EXACTLY THE SCENARIO I'VE BEEN AFRAID OF, WHICH IS A MAJOR REASON I KEPT THE SAME PHONE FOR 9 YEARS.  SHAME ON YOU, CUSTOMER SERVICE, YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY DROPPING THE BALL, AND IF THIS IS NOT STRAIGHTENED OUT IMMEDIATELY, YOU ARE LOOKING AT ONE FAST PHONE RETURN ALONG WITH A DEMAND FOR IMMEDIATE REFUND OR CREDIT, SINCE I WOULD NOT DARE RISK THIS SAME SCENARIO BY EXCHANGING THIS FOR ANOTHER PHONE.  IS ANYBODY LISTENING????????

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

If, when you click the blue 'I Want To' next to the phone you want to replace, you do not see 'Activate a new phone', you may need to set your account up as the Account Owner.

Visit the My Preferences tab and scroll down.  You should see a section to enter your PIN to get full access to make changes to your account.

You can read more about this here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/customer-service/sprintdotcom-support/blog/2010/07/21/how-can-i-tell-if-my-online-profile-is-at-the-account-level

If that doesn't work you can always swap phones by calling Customer Service or visiting a Sprint service and repair center.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

When trying to activate the phone we bought for my son for Christmas (to replace the one he currently has through Sprint), I click on the link beside his current phone to activate new phone.  It takes me to the backup page which I click the button to skip this step and wait for a minute or two and then it comes up with the error page

We take your account security seriously. To ensure that your information  remains secure, you'll need to update your profile before you can view  these details.

To do so, go to My preferences > All about my account > My account info and click Update or add another account.

What specifically am I needing to change?  I go to this as requested, but yet, I do not see anything that needs to be updated or changed.  I do not see anything specific that says "change this so you can see the details when trying to activate a new phone", I do not see anything on there related to needing to be updated.  I did add a phone number contact, but all that does is give me a new message in my inbox saying my address has been changed.

Live chat either seems to be busy or there's no one there or awake in India for support and the wait time when you call the number for support is way too long for my patience at this time.  When you purchase the new phone on sprint.com, it makes it sound quite easy to activate by simply going to www.sprint.com/activate .  There's nothing easy about it at all!  In fact, it is quite the opposite of easy.

What specifically do I need to update in my profile to allow me to view these details so that I can activate this new phone before next christmas rolls around or the rebate period expires?

Journeyman

You're not alone.  I'm having the exact same problem!  I don't know if the site is overloaded for Christmas?  The directions seem very straight forward, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.