cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Account not authorized to make calls"!!!!!

Journeyman

"Account not authorized to make calls"!!!!!

This morning, my iphone 4s was working perfectly (was texting, making calls, using the web browser, blah blah). But at around 11 am, when I was trying to text a friend, none of the messages were being delievered. So I just shrugged it off, and tried to call instead. But the problem is whenever I try to make a call, it rings for a couple of seconds and then I keep getting this recorded message "your account is not authorized to make calls to this phone number. If you would like to have additional capabilities added to your account.....". And this happens whenever I call ANY number. I've tried to get through to customer service, but couldn't. Now I'm really stressing out and would like to have this problem fixed since I go away to college in TWO days. What can I do to fixed this issue?? Please help!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: "Account not authorized to make calls"!!!!!

Bump

Journeyman

Bumpity bump

Would you please send me a private message, so I can review your account to make sure all is set up alright?

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

Same thing has happened to me. I can't get Customer Service either.

VacantAlien,

Did you ever get this fixed? If not, please send me a private message and I will be glad to see what the issue may be.

Thanks,

Ray

Journeyman

I have the same problem with a new replacement phone.  I did as I was told online, and I got the message that my phone was now activated.  But I can't call anybody, including the supposed help number, without getting the "Account not authorized to make calls to this number . . . " message.  Makes me nuts.

Master

The message you are getting means that the phone is not recognized on the sprint service.  We need to make sure the right device is configured on the account and that the device is programmed correctly.  You can try calling *2 to speak to customer service.  #611 is not a free call to sprint and will not work unless the phone is correctly activated