Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Zalaznik Challenge, or Why This is my First Post for the Sprint Dotcom Community… but it Won’t be my Last

Journeyman

This week we had a challenge from Scott in the manager town hall – all those who had never posted in our private community should do so

And I sat there, silently, wondering whether he knew that I, the director over social, was the biggest offender of them all.

So as I was driving home, I tried on my laundry list of reasons for not posting. I’m sharing them with all of you, to see whether any of them strike a chord.

1. Management training: I was taught that on a new job you spend 90 days listening, 90 days thinking and then 90 days acting. I started 146 days ago, by the calendar, so I’m still thinking. Does it hold water? Nah.
      2. I’m on social all the time at night. I use Facebook for friends and family, LinkedIn for professional networking, Pinterest for trying to explain to the world that I’m still relevant and Twitter to share interesting articles and studies (follow me on twitter: @leahgentry). Shouldn’t that be enough? Nah.
      3. I’m new to telecom and I’m afraid to show my ignorance to everyone. Double nah. Those of you who’ve worked with me so far know that I’m not afraid to appear stupid.
      4. I don’t have enough time. In my attempts to stay caught up,  I’m already the second one here everyday. (Tony Jackson, the showoff is always first) And I’m usually one of the last (thanks, Debbie Seusy, for teaching me how to type “lights” into my browser). There just isn’t time. Triple nah. When you stop sharing and discussing ideas, you’re no longer working; you’re just going through the motions.

Oops, out of reasons.

So here’s my first post. Now show me yours.

-- Leah

3 Comments